cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userypdiN41zen
Constellation

Group text on S9 causes texting app to crash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started after the Pie update.  Did not have this issue prior.

I have two guys I group text with. But since the update, any text I send (which shows sent) is not received by them. And any text they send is not received by me. (They get each others texts without issue). They're both on iPhones...but if I create a group text to other people on iPhones, I do not have this issue.

If I try to create a new group with these two guys, I add one (doesn't matter which one) and then when I add the second, the app will freeze then crash. I cannot duplicate this with any other group. I have deleted and re-created both contacts and this has not fixed the problem.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
userypdiN41zen
Constellation

Re: Group text on S9 causes texting app to crash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I ended up doing is installing a 3rd party texting app.   During this install, I disabled the native app.   As soon as I force stopped the native app, I got 3 "failed" texts from one of those two guys, and 1 "failed" text from the other.    (The one that says "No Subject"  Message Size 1kb, expires on Feb 25").

Those are the only guys that had those failed messages as soon as I force stopped the app.   I'm guessing that's what caused the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the messaging app?

Highlighted
userypdiN41zen
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I ended up doing is installing a 3rd party texting app.   During this install, I disabled the native app.   As soon as I force stopped the native app, I got 3 "failed" texts from one of those two guys, and 1 "failed" text from the other.    (The one that says "No Subject"  Message Size 1kb, expires on Feb 25").

Those are the only guys that had those failed messages as soon as I force stopped the app.   I'm guessing that's what caused the problem.