cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Group text on S9 +

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the same question that I have. On my S7, I could send a text to an entire group (the tennis team of which I am a captain) but it would send each as an individual text, so that when people responded they were only responding to me rather than indundating everyone in the group with the replies. I can't seem to figure out how to make that work on my S9+. It's  very frustrating, as are some other aspects of the messaging app that I found better on the S7. Please help!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only solution I've found is to just use Verizon's messaging app.  This is what I used on my s7, but it's just frustrating that I can't use Samsung's messaging.  

....and can we talk about the badge notification issue?! 🙄🙄🙄

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same issue. If you have a fix please share as I need this group text feature for military.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you finish with your message with all of your recipients in it, hit the 3 dots up top on the right and you will see the little image of two heads, if it's highlighted its a group text if its not its individual. You will toggle back and forth each time you text. You can also go I to the text settings and make it default to group or individual text.

Settings>more settings>multi media>Group conversations 

I hope this helps. They changed a lot of things that just does not make sense.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The default doesn't work for me. Does it for you?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!  This was just what I needed to know.  Smiley Happy  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your help...I just purchased a S9 and as a Softball coach I group text a lot...My old S6 was great with group texting . The feature was simple and very easy to send out group or individual texts....now I'm considering returning my S9 because as much I love the new camera I must have the ability to group text....Its that important to me!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The little icon with the heads isn't there anymore.  I can send a group message and get individual replies.  The problem is that all recipients are getting all messages.  How do I fix this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem. I think the option was removed with the update. I hate it. Samsung or At&t do better. This was a huge mistake. Very disappointed. Soo sad Samsung.....
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK found the solution as I was having the same one.

Go t Settings>>Apps>>Messanges click gear on top right corner then More settings>>Multimedia messages then set the options to on