JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to select all for group text on S9 +

(Topic created: 05-01-2018 08:45 PM)
user7WhBtz39kK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently purchased the S9+ and was trying to send a group text message and the only way to send the message was to go into the contacts and select each contact individually (they got rid of the select all option). There is no way to select the group from the text message app. Also they got rid of the ability to leave a signature on your text messages. Can anyone help?

52 Replies
userLna2ZL40Ct
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the same question that I have. On my S7, I could send a text to an entire group (the tennis team of which I am a captain) but it would send each as an individual text, so that when people responded they were only responding to me rather than indundating everyone in the group with the replies. I can't seem to figure out how to make that work on my S9+. It's  very frustrating, as are some other aspects of the messaging app that I found better on the S7. Please help!

0 Likes
usertun5SohWuf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Only solution I've found is to just use Verizon's messaging app.  This is what I used on my s7, but it's just frustrating that I can't use Samsung's messaging.  

....and can we talk about the badge notification issue?! 🙄🙄🙄

useruWmWbSVKH9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have this same issue. If you have a fix please share as I need this group text feature for military.

0 Likes
Solution
MsEllie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When you finish with your message with all of your recipients in it, hit the 3 dots up top on the right and you will see the little image of two heads, if it's highlighted its a group text if its not its individual. You will toggle back and forth each time you text. You can also go I to the text settings and make it default to group or individual text.

Settings>more settings>multi media>Group conversations 

I hope this helps. They changed a lot of things that just does not make sense.

Larena
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The default doesn't work for me. Does it for you?

0 Likes
userhK3DCRVXKD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!  This was just what I needed to know.  🙂  

0 Likes
userogY7Y9BSoG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your help...I just purchased a S9 and as a Softball coach I group text a lot...My old S6 was great with group texting . The feature was simple and very easy to send out group or individual texts....now I'm considering returning my S9 because as much I love the new camera I must have the ability to group text....Its that important to me!

0 Likes
mwprice10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The little icon with the heads isn't there anymore.  I can send a group message and get individual replies.  The problem is that all recipients are getting all messages.  How do I fix this?

userUE9vzzYNCx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same problem. I think the option was removed with the update. I hate it. Samsung or At&t do better. This was a huge mistake. Very disappointed. Soo sad Samsung.....
0 Likes
userJNZnLchNkq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OK found the solution as I was having the same one.

Go t Settings>>Apps>>Messanges click gear on top right corner then More settings>>Multimedia messages then set the options to on