JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to select all for group text on S9 +

(Topic created: 05-25-2018 01:57 PM)
user7WhBtz39kK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently purchased the S9+ and was trying to send a group text message and the only way to send the message was to go into the contacts and select each contact individually (they got rid of the select all option). There is no way to select the group from the text message app. Also they got rid of the ability to leave a signature on your text messages. Can anyone help?

52 Replies
userArTxUCQUgt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am encountering this too, I have Verizon and noticed you can use their messaging app but I prefer Samsung's. I hope Samsung fixes it so you can send group messages again. 

userxSnTvZxoBm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Using tmobile,  this is unacceptable!! I have to have this feature 

SueSue
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To send a group message you have to speak it to your phone.

1. Hit the last button on the left side of phone.

2. Say "send group message"

A screen will pop up for you to create an individual message.

3. Hit cancel, then your groups will appear. Hit the 3 little dots in the right corner; a drop down menu will appear.

4. Hit send message. 

And then you can create your message. 

0 Likes
userEUtz6302k2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not there !!!

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userEUtz6302k2 can you please provide me a bit more detail on the symptoms you are experiencing? Also can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SueSue
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To send a group message you have to speak it to your phone.

1. Hit the last button on the left side of phone.

2. Say "send group message"

A screen will pop up for you to create an individual message.

3. Hit cancel, then your groups will appear. Hit the 3 little dots in the right corner; a drop down menu will appear.

4. Hit send message. 

And then you can create your message. 

0 Likes
usertun5SohWuf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got the s9+ today and I send a group message everyday to 20 people. If they reply I only want them replying to me. Does anyone know how to do this??

0 Likes
user5Pu9lvcFJE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Certain apps like Textra has the feature where replies in group chats will on come to you if set

0 Likes
userLna2ZL40Ct
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the same question that I have. On my S7, I could send a text to an entire group (the tennis team of which I am a captain) but it would send each as an individual text, so that when people responded they were only responding to me rather than indundating everyone in the group with the replies. I can't seem to figure out how to make that work on my S9+. It's  very frustrating, as are some other aspects of the messaging app that I found better on the S7. Please help!