JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to select all for group text on S9 +

(Topic created: 06-10-2018 11:12 PM)
user7WhBtz39kK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently purchased the S9+ and was trying to send a group text message and the only way to send the message was to go into the contacts and select each contact individually (they got rid of the select all option). There is no way to select the group from the text message app. Also they got rid of the ability to leave a signature on your text messages. Can anyone help?

user6oUrfajiZI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go into the message you're sending click on the top right where the 3 dot option bar is, click on the double head option to where it's no longer filled in with a color. It will say its converting to text message. Then click send. It sends to everyone separately and they'll be able to respond to you only.

0 Likes
useriVD0RtwHiV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do not have a double-head option when i click the 3 dots within the text message... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I added each recipient individually to the text message, is that how to do it?

When I go into Contacts, I do not have "Groups" under "Favorites".

Thanks!

0 Likes
SueSue
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To send a group message you have to speak it to your phone.

1. Hit the last button on the left side of phone.

2. Say "send group message"

A screen will pop up for you to create an individual message.

3. Hit cancel, then your groups will appear. Hit the 3 little dots in the right corner; a drop down menu will appear.

4. Hit send message.

And then you can create your message.

0 Likes
userMsVC9tkw2L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a new S9 as well, and I  have found that there is a 10-person limit you can send to regardless of the amount of recipients in your group.  Is this correct?

0 Likes
userJAVA46AP5k
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having an issue where I'm sending a a mass message (one where I send it to lots of people but they all respond to me) by pushing the two person icon BUT if it goes over 160 characters it converts to a sms and sends as a group message anyways. Any thoughts? 

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would highly recommend speaking with your carrier for a more in-depth explanation. What you are experiencing seems completely normal.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userx7ChGZdABi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm able to have a regular sms group text, but if I try to send a picture/attachment, it sends individually. Does anyone know how to fix that?

0 Likes
userdam3ArtBr4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I need to know the fix to this also.....

0 Likes
user9pkPIegHYw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do you do the group text? I cant figure it out  

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Send a text message to members of a group.
1.From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
2.Tap  Contacts > Groups, and then tap a group.
3.Tap  More options > Send message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes