cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Group text on S9 +

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go into the message you're sending click on the top right where the 3 dot option bar is, click on the double head option to where it's no longer filled in with a color. It will say its converting to text message. Then click send. It sends to everyone separately and they'll be able to respond to you only.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not have a double-head option when i click the 3 dots within the text message... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I added each recipient individually to the text message, is that how to do it?

When I go into Contacts, I do not have "Groups" under "Favorites".

Thanks!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To send a group message you have to speak it to your phone.

1. Hit the last button on the left side of phone.

2. Say "send group message"

A screen will pop up for you to create an individual message.

3. Hit cancel, then your groups will appear. Hit the 3 little dots in the right corner; a drop down menu will appear.

4. Hit send message.

And then you can create your message.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new S9 as well, and I  have found that there is a 10-person limit you can send to regardless of the amount of recipients in your group.  Is this correct?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having an issue where I'm sending a a mass message (one where I send it to lots of people but they all respond to me) by pushing the two person icon BUT if it goes over 160 characters it converts to a sms and sends as a group message anyways. Any thoughts? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would highly recommend speaking with your carrier for a more in-depth explanation. What you are experiencing seems completely normal.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm able to have a regular sms group text, but if I try to send a picture/attachment, it sends individually. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to know the fix to this also.....

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you do the group text? I cant figure it out  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send a text message to members of a group.
1.From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
2.Tap  Contacts > Groups, and then tap a group.
3.Tap  More options > Send message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.