JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to select all for group text on S9 +

(Topic created: 03-25-2018 07:19 PM)
user7WhBtz39kK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently purchased the S9+ and was trying to send a group text message and the only way to send the message was to go into the contacts and select each contact individually (they got rid of the select all option). There is no way to select the group from the text message app. Also they got rid of the ability to leave a signature on your text messages. Can anyone help?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userCMbHAZvhCH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've found that this only works if there is no image contained in the message. When I insert an image it automatically switches back to group conversation.

0 Likes
Samsung_WC9hAsI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That didn't work for me. I can receive group messages but it won't let me respond with a text. I can respond with a gif or picture, but not text.
0 Likes
user0X1I6DS820
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did that and as soon as I get off the conversation screen, the toggle goes back to not being selected as a group conversation. It doesn't stay selected. How do we fix this?

0 Likes
Russellwoman64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How are you sending a group message? Through Messenger or via text? Some of us here are trying to find a way to send group texts.

0 Likes
usertun5SohWuf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm trying to figure out how to send a group text through regular text messaging. I can do it through messages+ with Verizon but not on the Samsung text. I want to send one message to a whole group, but I want their responses to only go to me.

0 Likes
userP8Sj9rXeKE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I believe for what you're looking for. When adding recipients by the bell and pin icon there's two people. I'm pretty sure clicking that does the trick.

0 Likes
userw0sIG4Y5R7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am about to lose my mind or return this phone.  i do group text daily and one of the many perks to being Samsung over Apple is being able to send group text but they get individually! Grrr...I can still do using my desktop computers site "mighty text" but not on phone itself.

0 Likes
usertun5SohWuf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i hear ya!! so frusrating. i can do it through message+ but i want tp use the samsung texts!

0 Likes
userVYCG3T7yQO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Re: Group text on S9 + 

This is how I group text.  ( update from 3 min ago)

In the text app ,open a thread by choosing one recepient ,

In this Contact's window at the upper right corner are three little dots.

Click dots to pulls up a secondary window with subdivisions. 

One subdivision is labelled 'recepients'

and in this section on the left margin,in bold type 'add recepients'. 

Click the bold type - which brings up the contacts : select your group members  from it and then the 'done' button.

This returns you to the  message window where you can see your group contacts added. Then you type your message in the usual way.

VOILA!

0 Likes
usertcX6FedRnv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I’m trying to follow your instructions but I done see 3 dots. I must be in wrong spot

0 Likes