cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revS
Asteroid

Hard crash on S9 Plus Bixby unusable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just had a hard crash on my S9 plus while surfing Snapchat the power button was unresponsive, it was like I bricked it. 

Fast forward 15 minutes the phone has auto started and now holding the Bixby button doesn't do anything. 

Pressing the Bixby button once goes to the homepage but hitting the three dots in the top right corner doesn't show my Bixby settings anymore., waking up Bixby with the hi bixby come in  takes me to the Bixby home 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userg8SJrRpsWz
Constellation

Re: Hard crash on S9 Plus Bixby unusable

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a potential fix. I made the samsung keyboard my primary again and bixby magically started working again.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
userfRjweXwAFz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does the same thing....

userEAYcSMCqmU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same crash on snapchat now Bixby doesn't work at all.

useresM58yfmB5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just had the same problem

userpT1aEu6qoA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue

Noah Knight
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same problem here. Bixby does not activate when I say hi Bixby. The gear icon at the top is missing. And pressing and holding the Bixby button only takes me to the Bixby home page. Anyone have some advice?

usermdeqootwK9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't have a hard crash as far as I'm aware but this morning Bixby is non functional.   S9+ on T-Mobile. No Bixby alarm notification just sounds regular alarm and Bixby has told me network connection problems the last 2 days.   Now it just does nothing at all when I press and hold Bixby button. 

usermdeqootwK9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby started working for me again... I didn't do anything to fix it

userXH7hQBGBzY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, but I have the Note 8.  

* When I said, "Hi Bixby", rather than have the blue b show up and listen for a voice command, the Bixby home screen appears.
* The Bixby button on the side of my phone is now inoperative
* There is neither the little slide switch (to turn on the Bixby switch) nor the Gear icon on the Bixby home screen.

Hope it just an software issue and Samsung rows out an update.   But the weird thing is I try uninstalling the update and it still does not work.

This is killing me

userXH7hQBGBzY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just fix my Bixby issue.  I uninstall all Bixby related software and did a reboot.  After reboot, it asked me to set up Bixby again and it worked.  All the commands and voice recognition and the Bixby button worked again.   I then updated the software again and everything seems to be good now.  I have Note 8