cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqegCdRrCZD
Constellation

Re: How I Got My US Unlocked Galaxy S9 to Update

I have a similar situation. I have a AT&T branded S9 but I am using the phone in Canada with a Canadian sim card and network (Bell) I bought the phone used and did BYOD to save money and keep my existing plan. I am also not getting security patch updates when I search using software update on the phone or smart switch on my computer. Both cases indicate software is up to date. My last update was from June 2019 

uservgrto6bS79
Cosmic Ray

I hope someone can assist you.  The method I describe in this thread works good for my US Factory Unlocked Galaxy S9, Model: SM G960U1.  Probably won't work for a branded ATT model.  Who knows...  try a different (not active) sim and see if it will update.  Good luck.

Regards  Smiley Wink

uservgrto6bS79
Cosmic Ray

Again, continuing from my original post...

I still have not figured out why my US Factory Unlocked Galaxy S9, Model: SM G960U1 will not update when it has my T-Mobile sim card installed and I probably will not continue to pursue finding the root cause.

Reason... changing the sim really does not take that long to do and it will allow my phone to update.  I hope your's will too.

Today I checked the link that I previously posted (and re-posted below) and saw that Samsung released a new software a few days ago on 2019-09-18.  So I again changed the sim to a very old (not active) ATT sim card... and boom... my phone is now updated (using Smart Switch) to Baseband: G960U1UES6CSH8, Security Patch: September 1, 2019.

This is the link to the Samsung document that lists the latest software issued for the US Unlocked Galaxy S9 (Model: SM-G960U1)

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G960U1/VZW/doc.html

After I put my active T-Mobile sim card back, Smart Switch reports this:  Your Device software is up to date:  SH8(TMB)

Regards Smiley Happy

uservgrto6bS79
Cosmic Ray

Updating this topic to let you know that the October 2019 security patch has been released for the US unlocked Galaxy S9 model SM-G960U1.

I updated mine with no issue as outlined in this thread using an old (not active) ATT sim then changing it back to my active TMobile sim.

Doing this update results with the following:

Base band:  960U1UEU7CSJ3

Andriod security patch level:  October 1, 2019

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G960U1/VZW/doc.html

Regards  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
uservgrto6bS79
Cosmic Ray

Updating this topic to let you know that the November 2019 security patch has been released on December 2, 2019 for the US unlocked Galaxy S9 model SM-G960U1.

I updated mine with no issue as outlined in this thread using an old (not active) ATT sim then changing it back to my active TMobile sim.

Doing this update results with the following:

Base band:  G960U1UEU7CSK1

Andriod security patch level:  November 1, 2019

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G960U1/VZW/doc.html

Regards Smiley Happy