cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

How can I disable dark mode on the Samsung Notes app?

I just updated the Samsung Notes app and it is now synced to be also set to dark mode like the rest of my phone, except that I don't like it for this app and would prefer the white background again. Is there a way to change it back without having to change my whole phone color mode?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: How can I disable dark mode on the Samsung Notes app?

if it's an app like Twitter or Instagram, you can go into the apps setting and take it off system default and put it to light or dark. But unfortunately for this Samsung members app I don't think you can turn it off without syncing with the system. hope this helps.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Notes app is the same as the system setting
Highlighted
Constellation

I was looking for the same thing too I like the dark mode for my phone/tablet, but when using Samsung Notes, I have to always change the background color to a white background. I hope they add the feature to change the default background of the notes so that we can change it to whatever we would like and not have to worry about messing up our system settings for one application.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey,. 

@userSxUzfGGNF5

That would be a nice option to have for a lot of people.

I took a picture of a white posterboard with flash turned on. I increased the brightness and contrast until it was pure white

In the notes app settings menu I opened page template. At the bottom of the available options an option for Downloaded templates I added the white picture as a new template. Tap it to set it as the default. When I create a new note it has the white background as the default. Seems be working good. 

Screenshot_20200928-113534_Samsung Notes.jpg

CLF Screenshot_20200928-112925_Samsung Notes.jpg