cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How do I uninstall an app that did not come with an uninstall option?

I installed an app that does not come with an uninstall option. I want it off my phone, but without a way to uninstall it, I am looking at the possibility of having to nuke my phone and starting from scratch. If I have to do that, I will be very upset.

I do not appreciate apps that will not let themselves be uninstalled. Why does the Galaxy Store not require that for all apps? If an app can not be uninstalled, then the app is suspicious and should not be trusted.

Also, why does the Galaxy Store require access to my contacts list? I am extemely annoyed and suspicious when an app that should not have access to my contacts list requires access. I do not want my contacts harassed.

I am beyond frustrated right now.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Comet

Re: How do I uninstall an app that did not come with an uninstall option?

What app are you referring to? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Download an app off Google play store for $2.99 called Package Disabler Pro (for Samsung). You can disable even Bixby apps. All of them, all bloatware'. Every app you want. Gone!

Highlighted
Comet

@userwKuCH0UZA9 wrote:

Download an app off Google play store for $2.99 called Package Disabler Pro (for Samsung). You can disable even Bixby apps. All of them, all bloatware'. Every app you want. Gone!

This app does work but you need to be very careful with this app, Not every app can be disabled and if you disable the wrong app you will be stuck in a boot loop and need to factory reset your device (losing all your data) so if you do decide to use this option i recommend you back up your device and data so you dont lose it if something goes wrong.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I haven't paid for software in years, and due to concerns about privacy, I won't pay for apps as that means putting finaincial information on my phone. If it were possible, I would only install FOSS.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The app is called, I think, AR Emoji.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Lady_Aleena

I know it's really fun to play with but I really don't use it either so I used force stop, cleared the cache and data and disabled it. It holds very little internal storage, no mobile or Wi-Fi data, no battery and no memory.

Disable it and it will no longer appear in the apps drawer.

If you also see AR Zone in the apps drawer it can't be disabled so I put it on the hidden apps list. It doesn't use any system resources.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted

try uninstalling from galaxy store

Galaxy store -> search 'AR Emoji Editor' -> uninstall

Highlighted
Asteroid

That would be nice, but I can't get into the Galaxy Store. It is now broken too.

Highlighted
Supernova

@Lady_Aleena great questions!

"I installed an app that does not come with an uninstall option. I want it off my phone, but without a way to uninstall it, I am looking at the possibility of having to nuke my phone and starting from scratch. If I have to do that, I will be very upset."

You can learn about uninstalling apps here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-uninstall-an-app/

Some apps may come pre-loaded due to partnerships with Samsung or as a system app. You can always disable most apps: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-delete-or-disable-pre-installed-apps-samsung-galaxy-phone

"Also, why does the Galaxy Store require access to my contacts list? I am extemely annoyed and suspicious when an app that should not have access to my contacts list requires access. I do not want my contacts harassed."

I believe you need that permission to share the app example If you want someone else to get a certain app instead of just telling them you can can share the link to the app with your contacts. At this time the permissions would be required in order to use the app. There are no known work-arounds that I could offer for that. That said, check out Samsung's privacy policy: https://www.samsung.com/us/account/privacy-policy/ I've never had any of my contacts used by Samsung in a way I don't like. No harassment!

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!