cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userE3DP89MGlM
Asteroid

How to Save Picture to Contact when Not in Gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S9+ and I'm trying to update some of my contacts to add a picture of the individual.  The problem is, it seems to only let me do that from the Gallery but the pictures are not in the Gallery but rather under Samsung My Files.  I don't know how to move the pictures to the Gallery from there.  Or, is there a way I can copy the pictures from my PC directly to the Gallery because when I copied them to the phone, they ended up in the My Files.  I also sent an email to myself with the picture attached but when I saved it it saved to my SD card.  Obviously I'm confused and I'm sure it's something really simple!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to Save Picture to Contact when Not in Gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a try: Use the steps above and select move however instead of open the new folder contacts Go to DCIM and select camera and move them there. Then try again with adding them to your contacts

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

You should be able to open my files and select internal storage. Look for the folder titled DCIM and open it  You should see a list of all the folders in gallery. Add a new folder and name it Contacts or something. Back out to internal and find the pictures you want, long press on one and then select the rest of them and select copy or move. Go back and open the DCIM folder and open the new folder Contacts and select copy here or move here.

I'm not sure sure why the pictures are not showing up in gallery but it really is easy to move or copy them into a folder that the gallery app scans for pictures. Like the download folder..

CLF 

userE3DP89MGlM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I did as you directed but it still doesn't show up under Gallery when I try to find and insert the picture into the contact itself.  I even rebooted the phone thinking that might help but it didn't.  I don't get it. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I tested it before I replied and it always works.

If you have time open my files internal storage /DCIM and open the new folder you created. Copy all the pictures in there to the download folder. It's a default system installed folder and any images in there are always displayed in the gallery app. They should show up right away. Next open the contacts app and use the download folder to edit the contacts. 

CLF 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a try: Use the steps above and select move however instead of open the new folder contacts Go to DCIM and select camera and move them there. Then try again with adding them to your contacts

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userE3DP89MGlM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally, I was able to add the pictures I wanted to the contacts!  I had them in Camera but they were at the bottom of the pictures so thankfully I checked all the way down.  Thanks!