cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rendered
Asteroid

How to disable New Update Android 9.0 OneUi notification to install?

I am perfectly happy with my current Android 8.0 version and do NOT want the upgrade. How do we disable the notification for good? 

I have done the developer button trick, turned off Automatic Updates, turned off Security patch auto updates, and auto system updates is set to manual, turned off Google play services Notifications, and the System update badge notifications too.... restarted phone numerous time and still seeing that stupid Software Update reminder notification on the pull down menu. 

How do I disable that for good? After hearing the horror stories with the most recent system update, I do not want to ruin my phone experience. Why doesn't Samsung listen to their users???

6 REPLIES 6
userQ9lHbX3gof
Asteroid

Re: How to disable New Update Android 9.0 OneUi notification to install?

Good call on not updating, I wish I had known better before I did.

Rendered
Asteroid

Screenshot_20190224-102509_Chrome.jpg

Thanks. I know. The main issue I now can't get rid of is this notification....

Comet

Can you slide the notification tile slightly right or left and get to a settings icon for it? This might turn off all systems update notifications, but I doubt there will be any other updates outside of the OneUI channel (i.e., no security updates for Oreo now that Pie is here).

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Rendered
Asteroid

I tried this with no success unfortunately. 

Highlighted
Sun

It sounds like you have turned off most of the options and some that probably aren't related. I didn't see a reference to your carrier. I think they might be sending the update and pushing the notification. It might be worth a look. There is the downside to all of this I think. 

Rendered
Asteroid

That might be the case here. I will talk with my carrier