cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpkRALHmKEE
Constellation

I can't find where my new music is downloading to after transferring my old music to an SD card.

I just got an SD card, and transferred all my music files (in addition to the folder named music) to it. I suspect moving the Music folder was a mistake. Anyway, I then downloaded more music- just stuff that I only had in the cloud (and wasn't previously downloaded to the phone) because now I have this huge 200gb SD card so that I wont have to use any data listening to music I own.

Now, I can't find where that music is going. It has a mark next to it in Google Play Music like everything else that has previously been downloaded, but I can't find it. It isn't on the SD card. It doesn't show up in internal storage. However, the internal storage "storage used" indicator is increasing, so it has to be there somewhere. Even running a search for it in the My Files app turns up nothing. The folders show dates and times last modified, none of these are changing.

I tried creating a new Music folder in my internal storage- no change, and new downloads after I created the folder are not being directed there either. 

I also downloaded another app called file manager, I couldnt see anything different with that one.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I can't find where my new music is downloading to after transferring my old music to an SD card.

We are sorry to hear about this. Please call the support team at 800-726-7864 for assistance. They can connect to your device and help with this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.