cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Samsung_CtN9jFH
Astronaut

I can't get the update please help me. 😭😒

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my phone for a while, and recently my brother got the same phone as me. ( Samsung Galaxy s9)

My brother got the software update on his phone. So I thought I'll just wait for mine to come. ( We have the same exact phone) His phone now looks better than mine, he has the update and I'm still waiting for mine to come. ( If it ever does). I am now sad because some of the features his phone has and I don't. I went to [ Settings>Software Update> and still it sad my phone is up to date. Please help me I really want the update. ;(

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: I can't get the update please help me. 😭😒

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As your phone is a At&t device do you have At&T service or have other Service.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung_CtN9jFH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help please I want the update!!! ;(

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As your phone is a At&t device do you have At&T service or have other Service.

Samsung_CtN9jFH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have At&t and that is all. No other.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have At&t the best thing to do is call AT&T customer support and tell them the issue. You'll need them to send the update over the OTA. Most of the time the phone doesn't get registered in their service so you won't get the update. So once they register your device imei in their service you should get the update as you said you have their service.

Samsung_CtN9jFH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I just call AT&T and tell my issue? What is OTA, and imei. When I call them will it require anything serious? Will they just give me the update? That's all I want the update.

samsunguserdf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

(If you have a computer)

1. Download Smartswitch on computer

2. plug your phone in to you computer

3. Open smart switch on computer and phone (allow connection)

4. The smartswitch on your computer should have a update notice

If that doesn't work you can try calling support

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes you just tell them that your device isn't getting the software Updates. It might be hard, because some representatives don't know much about software updates and other stuff.As you have their sim cards they might ask you for the number to verify account and other info but it isn't anything serious. OTA ( OVER THE AIR) way that carries sends update to devices. For imei just go to settings and about phone their you'll see imei.

Samsung_CtN9jFH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you I will see if I can do the computer if it doesn't work I will do the AT&T call. Do I watch a video how to connect my phone to the computer? It seems complex. As soon as I get the software update I have no other complaints at all!

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It isn't that complex but if its your first time and just want to be sure ya you can check videos it'll help you. If you get the updates from SmartSwitch it'll be easier too and might help you to get further updates Ota if not you can use Smart switch again, but most of the time AT&T doesn't let you update through other way.