cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user-42
Constellation

Re: I just bought my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yeah, sorry i dont really know what your talking about either. & no, that doesn't mean i don't know what it is, or the difference between stock/close 2 stock experience/& i guess what u may sometimes call, "skinned". 8.1 isn't really a huge jump, I mean it's just 0.1*, lol.. I have personally always rooted my phones, for the most part, & usually even go ahead & in my opinion, a custom recovery, even w/out a custom room, will do wonders 4 u. however, as far as any of that goes, in my* opinion, a custom recovery is pretty much a must 4 me, & as far as rooting the phone goes, i definitely will if i can, it can help with a lot, such as many* very useful apps, in my opinion, that simply just require root access in order 2 work properly, & most definitely**, get that bloatware outta here 4real. even tho i must say, the carrier i currently have w/ this phone, (S9 +) isn't like at&t, or Verizon wireless, in the sense that they Do Not*, pre-install a junk load of bloatware "bull" apps, whether they are "carrier specific" apps, or just something they put on there. have been here & there & everywhere trying out different phones/different software, such as carrier bloated, very close to stock, I mean pretty much as close 2 stock as u can get lol, (Firmware/Roms/Custom Roms) & everything aside, most phones, some easier than others, 4 whatever reason, not only perform better (on stock/custom/firmware/roms) 4 obvious reasons i dont think i need 2 spell it all out ,(literally lol). however, that is not always the case, hardware also plays a big role in it, because no matter how simple, close 2 stock,actual* stock, or, my* personal favorite, a nice custom rom, because u can get them very* "lightweight", & even based on stock, or literally a clone of a stock firmware with stuff taken away, or added. custom rooms are my favorite, as I said, most are actually much better than stock, even if the rom in question is based on, or as I said b4, a clone of a stock, except "tinkerd" with in such a way, that it gains a nice performance boost, & usually as I said, lightweight, faster, performance boost(sorry 4 repeat), & then some tweaking/customization that is for u 2 decide what 2 do with. However, even the best of stock/performance boosting firmware, isn't worth much without the hardware 2 back it up. i agree that in a lot of cases, just simply stock firmware can make a nice difference, but it's also worthless 2 me w/out, as I stated, the hardware to back it up. i could do with (& actually have) removing a bloat app or 2, or replacing the base Samsung firmware with just stock, or a nice custom, or even just a simple custom recovery/Root access job, which can help tremendously, as u can then just simply remove what "bloatware u want, among other things that it allows u 2 do. but it would be worth nothing 2 me without a nice camera, definitely screen/display, & a nice chipset & such for performance, such as gaming, or even simpler things. which I personally do much heavier things on here than gaming, but I wouldn't be able 2 do it without this nice hardware set-up. i wouldn't have it any other way. I dont think I could do without this s9 +, lol, even if it meant I couldn't do even a simple root, which would suck, but still. this is a nice piece of equipment right here, if i do say so myself  not 2 mention, u could always just buy which version of the s9 u want, straight from Samsung, already unlocked & ready 2 go. just needs quick custom recovery/root, & ur ready 2 go.

Amitroy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This phone is good. 

but having a serious issue. even when my phone is locked with PIN  or Password.

still, I am able to shutdown or restart my phone via pressing the Power button without entering the Pin.

I came to this phone from Samsung s8+, and on the locked mode if you wanted to shutdown or restart the phone, u need to put your pin and password then after S8+ will shut down and restart.

Yesterday My phone was in desk, and someone had switched off my phone.

and it's really worrying for me, that what is the meaning of screen lock with password and anything, even in case of lost or stolen, anyone can be switched off the phone. it's a  big security flaw.

I just wanted to check with Samsung Dev Team, why it's happening.

My Phone is in official state and purchased only 4 days before.

I Am EzAce
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your phone an unlocked variant? I am using an s9+ from Verizon and it asks for pin or biometrics to turn off or restart. This is definitely an issue for potential phone thieves as they can turn it off regardless of pin protected shut off with power and down vol trick. I use a gear s3, and would definitely find my phone with that if it was on. Hope they update/resolve these issues.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I noticed the same thing on my galaxy S9. I didn't realize that it didn't require a pin or password when I locked using the power switch or the automatic lock. 

It turns out that if I have enabled Smart Lock and set my home address as a Safe Place or location that it will automatically allow me to swipe left or right to unlock the phone without the need to enter a pin code. However if I am in a remote location and try to turn off the phone it will ask me for a pin or password. The intent is to prevent a lost or stolen phone from being turned off so you have time to locate it or wipe the storage. Remember Smart Lock has I think on body detection and safe voice maybe. If you don't have Smart Lock turned on and you a pin is not required to power off the locked phone then something in lock screen and security has not been turned on.