cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DulceBeats
Cosmic Ray

I'm having trouble with my phone

So lately this "Samsung positioning app" keeps popping up and saying not working. I would ignore it and close the app. But then I realized that it has been affecting my battery and I would like to know what I can do to fix it. I have restarted my phone and I have also cleared the cache data. Nothing has worked! please someone help!

13 REPLIES 13
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm having trouble with my phone

@DulceBeats wrote:

So lately this "Samsung positioning app" keeps popping up and saying not working. I would ignore it and close the app. But then I realized that it has been affecting my battery and I would like to know what I can do to fix it. I have restarted my phone and I have also cleared the cache data. Nothing has worked! please someone help!

1) Just to make sure, you cleared data and not only cache?

2) Try this:

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

DulceBeats
Cosmic Ray

Yes, I have cleared the cache partition twice but I still have the same problem. Is there any other suggestions ? Please let me know! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@DulceBeats wrote:

Yes, I have cleared the cache partition twice but I still have the same problem. Is there any other suggestions ? Please let me know! Thank you!

Alright, did you also clear the data of the Samsung positioning app?

DulceBeats
Cosmic Ray

This is the real interesting part, when I would search it up nothing shows up which I'm really confused on. I'm not sure if it's really an app or a software issue?

Honored Contributor

@DulceBeats wrote:

This is the real interesting part, when I would search it up nothing shows up which I'm really confused on. I'm not sure if it's really an app or a software issue?

Oh find it here:

Go to settings>apps>tap 3 dots on top right>show system apps> then search for your app.  After that go to storage, force stop the app and then clear data

DulceBeats
Cosmic Ray

I will try that now please Stan by thanks!

Honored Contributor

@DulceBeats wrote:

I will try that now please Stan by thanks!

If after clearing data, the error is gone and app doesn't keep stopping, then it is good

Tropgalaxy
Cosmic Ray

Package disabler will stop that

DulceBeats
Cosmic Ray

What is package disabler?