cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMOBymSx1AQ
Constellation

Re: IMS service keeps stopping after latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update has also killed my phone. The performance is so bad I cannot even use it. This is a really serious issue.

usertozEjckKx3
Constellation

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am a US citizen visiting friends in Australia for 2 weeks. I arrived in Australia Monday Sept 8th and purchased a Vodafone SIM card and installed in my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9 which is my personal phone I brought from home and everything was working fine. I got to where I was staying for the night and connected to WIFI and my phone downloaded the new update but I waited to install it until I went to sleep. My phone worked fine all evening but when I woke in the morning after the update installed overnight my phone is like the rest of those on this forum. Battery is draining very quickly, it doesn't respond to touches for several seconds and I continuously get an "IMS services keep stopping" error every 30 seconds to a minute. Phone is pretty much useless for this trip and if I were staying longer I would probably go the route of installing the last usable firmware as many have done on this forum already. However, as I'm here a short-ish time I will probably try to figure out another phone for internet while I'm visiting, which I know is not as bad as it is for the Australian citizens on here but by posting I hope to add to the visibility of the issue for them and other US citizens hoping to use their S9s from home.

userUREW2zdORE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!

I AM CURRENTLY USING A GALAXY NOTE 8, BOUGHT IN KOREA AND USING IT IN PERU.

I DOWNLOADED THE NEW SOFTWARE YESTERDAY EVENING AND WOKE UP TO REALIZE THAT I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT THE IMS SERVICE KEEPS STOPPING AND AM UNABLE TO USE MY PHONE PROPERLY, OR AT ALL!

PLEASE SAMSUNG, RELEASE A PATCH TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I WOULD LOVE TO REVERT BACK TO BEFORE THE SOFTWARE UPDATE BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW.

PLEASE!!!!!!

userJGFyNgS92N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the update this morning (NZ time) and exact same issues. Error message, phone is ultra slow doing anything at all and the battery drained to 30% after a couple of hours. 

No help at all from Samsung, when tried to reply to their request for info on here it wouldn't let me reply!

I think I'm going to have to factory reset to roll back the update as the phone is basically unusuable like this. Very frustrating.

My phone is a NZ S9, running on Vodafone NZ....

xmwx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same issues with my Samsung 9+ - bought unlocked in the US but I live in Australia.  I applied the update on 11 September, a long time after Samsung would have been aware of the problem, but still issuing the update...

userIyXrfcteQe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Guys, if you are in Sydney, not tech savvy, too afraid to mess with your phone or just don't want to get your hands dirty, send me a personal message. Just click my name and then 'send message'.

I may be able to help you out.

uservgffitA9YH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Figured I would add my name to the outcry going on. I actually have the S10+ and I updated my phone today and I am in the same boat. I bought my phone in the USA and recently moved to Australia and I am using Telstra, my phone has been fine the last month and a half with absolutely no issues. Updated this morning and bam I am seeing the IMS error and my phone is so laggy it may as well just be a pocket weight. I tried to restart and do all the cache clearing and reseting I am reading about and nothing is working. Please hot-fix this ASAP. 

I will say though, since this has been going on since May I highly doubt this will see a fix anytime soon...

I also want to add that I could fix it by reinstalling the previous version but that shouldn't be necessary.

uservkMa8qUdor
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another one, here bought phone in NZ.   Have wasted 2 days trying to find a fix..... come on Samsung do the right thing Smiley Sad really disappointed.

userVLSRCDVUnv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same situation here in the Philippines... after updating last 9/9 it keeps popping out plus, the phone draining fast that I could only used it for about 2 hours, my phone is overheating that I need to turned it off. I called the customer service hotline just to tell me that no response from samsung at the moment regarding the issue... I'm using a Note 8 n950n model. I tried doing things that I've read here but still not working...

Seems like that this update ruined my phone and files... I've been a samsung user all my life and trusting this company for so long, please do something about this...

Highlighted
userA6NOFOH9XR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here on a US purchased S9 with Vodafone in Australia. 

Incredibly annoying. Hopefully Samsung will fix very soon...