cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same situation here in the Philippines... after updating last 9/9 it keeps popping out plus, the phone draining fast that I could only used it for about 2 hours, my phone is overheating that I need to turned it off. I called the customer service hotline just to tell me that no response from samsung at the moment regarding the issue... I'm using a Note 8 n950n model. I tried doing things that I've read here but still not working...

Seems like that this update ruined my phone and files... I've been a samsung user all my life and trusting this company for so long, please do something about this...

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here on a US purchased S9 with Vodafone in Australia. 

Incredibly annoying. Hopefully Samsung will fix very soon...

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here in Brisbane with a US version S9.

I have tried every suggestion made and nothing makes a difference - if anything, my phone seems to be deteriorating... 

Taking the SIM out is not an option as then it is unusable anyway! 

Does anyone know what Samsung are doing about this / has anyone had any helpful info? 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The response to this from Samsung has been APPAULING especially if you look at the number of affected users, their responses seem to be bot responses, Samsung Australia literally handballing customers and pure lack of accountability leaves alot to be desired. I have never had an issue with any of my handsets but its sad to see that the 1 time i do this is how it is treated. Please Samsung, can we get an "OFFICIAL" update in this issue?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Both my wife and I are in the same boat as everyone here. Bought our S9s while on holiday in the US last year, now using them in Australia. Having the same issues as everyone else since the latest update was installed. What I can't believe is that Samsung still have not fixed this problem. Surely it's just a case of releasing another update fixing the bug?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a problem with my S9 phone. It is an overseas model from my brother who lives in Japan. I don't know if it's originally from the US though.

Have tried safe mode but it still has the message.

Am probably going to switch back to my old phone if there's no fix. I can't run a business with a phone that doesn't work.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, US S9 using Vodafone New Zealand. Had a reply from Samsung Support US on facebook messenger. Essentially saying: We have forwarded the information to our developers hoping they can provide a solution as soon as possible. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi fellow suffering Samsung phone owners,

When posting could people please advise the model number of their affected device as well as their country so we can get a better understanding of how widespread the problem is?
This can be obtained from Settings / About Phone / Model number.
e.g. Mine is a Galaxy S9+ with model number SM-G965U1 & I'm in Australia.

Reading through this forum so far :-
Affected devices seem to be S9 (G960U1), S9+ (G965U1), S10, S10+, & Note 8 (N950N).
Affected countries: Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Peru.

I suspect we will find that all affected phones are using the Snapdragon CPU and not the Exynos CPU. The US Unlocked (in fact all US Samsung phones) models use the Snapdragon.

Currently the ONLY fix that I am aware of is to install the previous version of the firmware on your device. I believe that ALL Samsung dealers can actually do this, regardless of the model or where the phone was bought (they might not want to but they can).
As the faulty update seems to still be being pushed out, you also need to turn off auto system updates otherwise the faulty firmware would eventually get reinstalled. To do this you need to enable "Developer options" (please Google to find out how to do that) and then turn off settings / developer options / Auto update system.

Regards, Graham

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is a Note8 bought in South Korea, so it is an Exynos processor. I am currently using it in Brazil and the problem persists.

Constellation

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping on S10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issues here. It's the IMS service and android.phone that just keep showing the error.. just been a month using this phone and my FIRST time using Samsung in my life. Been with apple before. Never experienced an issue like this.