cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkbal1JeehV
Constellation

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue with a US phone, Australian sim card. Tried te clean, clear etc. Where is the solution from Samsung???
usero2GgMuA74D
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I visited a Samsung agent today and they told me they were aware of the problem and that a pacth is on the way. He didn't say when but at least it is coming. 

user6qgMEiipR3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everyone here having "fun" trying to type on their phones while the "ims service keeps stopping" pops up and you accidentally click on it midway through typing a word.....

Since this started I've been on the phone to usa customer support, nz customer support, emailing both USA and nz, them calling me, facebook messages between myself and USA customer support and nz customer support as well as samsung nz global.

Took them days to officially respond and confirm the issue.

The worst part about this, is samsung NZ officially responded saying "contact samsung USA". (Its not our problem)

We've all had to do this on our own. Alienating all of us with US phones.

Would not have taken much to have a single point of contact here in nz for us to talk to, collect data, send directly to the USA, and then report back to everyone.

Minimizing the flood of contact to USA via a million different points, and reiterating the same stuff over and over again.

Should have been managed differently.

Unfortunately just shows me now that if something goes wrong with my phone, don't bother wasting time with samsung nz.

For those that have flashed their phones and about to sell them and leave Samsung, nobody could blame you. I'm giving it another day before I flash mine and do the same.

For those struggling, contact Samsung Support via facebook messaging (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/)

They have committed to reply back to me directly via messenger once a solution has been created. But let your voice be heard and message them.

Local samsung finally responded via messenger too after a flood of messages:

"Hi D, we're sorry to hear that you've had this experience with our team. We've been in touch with them about this issue, and they have advised that they're looking into it with Samsung US. Either they, or we, will be in touch with information as we know it. But rest assured that our team are looking into it! Apologies again, The Samsung Team."

There's a news article out on it too, saying that samsung might be putting this fix into the next firmware update that is coming "soon".

Good luck everyone. Keeps those phones on charge. Hahaha

userHdyu8lclQk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would love to know when this has been resolved as well

userA6NOFOH9XR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone is in Sydney CBD and can flash a US S9 Unlocked (SM-G960U1) tonight to the previous version, I'll flick you some cash/buy you a beer. Send me a private message and save me PLEASE! 

userNbbitgEJ5k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey all, just an update to my earlier post on page 8 of this thread. I followed the suggestion that userOx8sT3fKtS (‘Graham’) provided on page 6 of this thread for performing a reversal to the previous “SH1” firmware build. I’m a moderate techie, and had never messed with phone firmware before, but was able to get it to work pretty easily following the instructions that he and Sammobile provided.

I selected the SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+ (US UNLOCKED) SM-G965U1 XAA UNKNOWN G965U1UES6CSH1 firmware from Sammobile for my wife’s California Best Buy SM-G965UZPA (aka SM-G965UZPAXAA) and created a free account with them. I had a bit of trouble with Sammobile on Tuesday as they kept logging me out and then asking me to create an account to download the firmware, but eventually, after giving up and coming back the next day it just worked. As others advised, downloading from Sammobile was a very slow and needed babysitting.

I put the phone in airplane mode and did a backup using SmartSwitch before I did the firmware reversal. Odin was pretty easy to use with the instructions that Graham and Sammobile provided. The actual update took only 15 minutes once I had Odin and the Firmware downloaded.

After it booted up again, I disabled the “download updates over wifi” option in the settings and also followed the suggestion that Graham provided on page 11 of this thread and used developer mode to disable automatic system updates. I found a Lifehacker article which provided the instructions for that:

<<Pull up Settings again and scroll down until you see the “About phone” section. Tap on that. Then, tap on the “Software Information” section, and scroll down until you see “Build Number.” Start tapping on that section until your device says that you’ve enabled “Developer mode.” Then, head back to your primary Settings screen and scroll down. You should see a new “Developer options” section near “About phone.” Tap on it, and then look for the “Automatic system updates” option. Make sure it’s not enabled.>>

After that, I turned off airplane mode and reinserted the NZ Vodafone SIM card. And yes, it all works again. It seems stable like it was last week. The wife is very happy. It seems that maybe the weather app on her home screen is unhappy, but we’ll sort that out, no biggie.

All in all, I think I’ve invested about 9 hours over the course of 3 evenings to get back to this point (mostly research and messing with Sammobile’s website). I wish I didn’t have to do this, and it’s shameful that we have to become amateur hackers while Samsung figures this out. But at least the wife has a functioning phone again.

P.S. Feel free to DM me if you have the same S9+ G965U1 XAA phone and can’t get the Sammobile download to work. I could possibly put the firmware zip file on my cloud drive as a backup plan for you and give you a link. I won’t be able to reply quickly while I’m at work so I certainly won’t be faster than the Sammobile download, but maybe I can save you some frustration if their website is still being glitchy as it was for me on Tuesday.

AND THANK YOU GRAHAM for being WAY more helpful than anybody at Samsung has been in this thread for finding us a timely solution.

Good luck all.

userkbxLA1toIL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope, no update for my G960U1 yet.

Just for the record Samsung, the continuing error interfered with serious and urgent phone calls yesterday for me here in Australia. Not good during 000 calls (BTW if you're not aware 000 is our 911 number), will just let that sink in for a moment....

Highlighted
usermY1T8INb3D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed the patch last night and have the same issue with my Galaxy S9 Plus, model SM-G965U1 bought from Kogan in Australia. I've also checked it's not in safe mode, wiped cache partition and did a factory reset, wiping all my data. I lost money from my Myki pass (public transport ticket) in the process. When, when, when will the fix arrive? SamsungAU live chat was a complete waste of time. Samsung US live chat seems to have crashed - "please contact the administrator" error.

Samsung's lack of response has been appalling. 

userNbbitgEJ5k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey all, just an update to my earlier post on page 8 of this thread. I followed the suggestion that userOx8sT3fKtS (‘Graham’) provided on page 6 of this thread for performing a reversal to the previous “SH1” firmware build. I’m a moderate techie, and had never messed with phone firmware before, but was able to get it to work pretty easily following the instructions that he and Sammobile provided.

I selected the SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+ (US UNLOCKED) SM-G965U1 XAA UNKNOWN G965U1UES6CSH1 firmware from Sammobile for my wife’s California Best Buy SM-G965UZPA (aka SM-G965UZPAXAA) and created a free account with them. I had a bit of trouble with Sammobile on Tuesday as they kept logging me out and then asking me to create an account to download the firmware, but eventually, after giving up and coming back the next day it just worked. As others advised, downloading from Sammobile was a very slow and needed babysitting.

I put the phone in airplane mode and did a backup using SmartSwitch before I did the firmware reversal. Odin was pretty easy to use with the instructions that Graham and Sammobile provided. The actual update took only 15 minutes once I had Odin and the Firmware downloaded.

After it booted up again, I disabled the “download updates over wifi” option in the settings and also followed the suggestion that Graham provided on page 11 of this thread and used developer mode to disable automatic system updates. I found a Lifehacker article which provided the instructions for that:

<<Pull up Settings again and scroll down until you see the “About phone” section. Tap on that. Then, tap on the “Software Information” section, and scroll down until you see “Build Number.” Start tapping on that section until your device says that you’ve enabled “Developer mode.” Then, head back to your primary Settings screen and scroll down. You should see a new “Developer options” section near “About phone.” Tap on it, and then look for the “Automatic system updates” option. Make sure it’s not enabled.>>

After that, I turned off airplane mode and reinserted the NZ Vodafone SIM card. And yes, it all works again. It seems stable like it was last week. The wife is very happy. It seems that maybe the weather app on her home screen is unhappy, but we’ll sort that out, no biggie.

All in all, I think I’ve invested about 9 hours over the course of 3 evenings to get back to this point (mostly research and messing with Sammobile’s website). I wish I didn’t have to do this, and it’s shameful that we have to become amateur hackers while Samsung figures this out. But at least the wife has a functioning phone again.

P.S. Feel free to DM me if you have the same S9+ G965U1 XAA phone and can’t get the Sammobile download to work. I could possibly put the firmware zip file on my cloud drive as a backup plan for you and give you a link. I won’t be able to reply quickly while I’m at work so I certainly won’t be faster than the Sammobile download, but maybe I can save you some frustration if their website is still being glitchy as it was for me on Tuesday.

AND THANK YOU GRAHAM!

Good luck all.

userzNQmClflx7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone received an update and/or info directly from Samsung to fix this issue yet??