cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was the first to mention the new update fixed my phone mine IS a S9 not the S9 plus, maybe contact your telco to see why there is no update, we can see you are frustrated as we all where, but Graham was only trying to help. we are all end users just like you.
You are getting angry at the wrong people.

If the software in your phone sdoesnt match the listed upgrade I'd suggest checking with your telco as to why its not working.
Also my wifes phone often gets software 2 weeks after mine, they stage rollouts, so it may well be just a matter of waiting until its your turn.
If your security update does in fact say september then I would hazard a guess and say you'd need to clear its cache and do a reset, if that doesnt work your problem may not be related to the last update.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received the subsequent update this morning (although it seems as though phones receive it in batches rather than all at once) and all seems to be working fine now.

Model: SM-G960U1 (US unlocked)
Old Baseband version: G960U1UEU6CSH7

New Baseband version: G960U1UEU6CSI1
Country of Use: Australia
Service Provider: Optus

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on a Galaxy S9 with the most updated software as of December 1, 2019, and I am still having this problem. It is worst when I'm connected to wifi, forcing me to pay for data if I want to use internet or social media apps. Horribly intrusive. Slows down the phone, interrupts typing, and touch screen actovity with constant pop ups that I can't deactivate, even by disabling all notification permissions and not allowing it to appear on top of other apps.

Has the bug reemerged? How do I stop it? Was a solution ever found?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try these troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. https://thedroidguy.com/2019/11/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s9-ims-service-has-stopped-error-1096178

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to fix this issue WITHOUT restarting my whole phone.

Step 1: Install ccswe app manager (or another app manager)

Step 2: Search for "ims"

https://imgur.com/L7uNzQ5

Step 3: Go through each IMS service and hit 3 dots in upper right, then click wipe data

https://imgur.com/MWgf2dm

Step 4: Restart phone

This worked for me first time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you