cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercGheoSZWPT
Asteroid

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They ask everyone this yet still no resolution!

userLBlROvF1GU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here, bought an unlocked phone in US and using it on Telstra in AU. Since the last firmware update the machine has gone bonkers! Very sluggish, unresponsive,  same error message about IMS service every 5 seconds. Drains the battery in less than an hour. 

I have logged the issue with Telstra too, haven't heard back yet if there is anything they can do to help.

I took the SIM out and use the phone on wifi, just to check emails at home, other than that is just a useless piece of -bloody expensive- junk at the moment. 

Hoping there is a fix soon.

usertqmeCUuhce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While I can somewhat appreciate a moderator responding at all, there are multiple threads with multiple posts in each thread explaining how we have gone through the troubleshooting processes, including booting in safemode, and that it happens there too. It is not a bad app. It is not in the cache. It is the update and something it has done to phones bought unlocked in the US and taken abroad- many in Australia.

It's unacceptable that an update would break the phones of everyone who has bought an unlocked phone and left the country - especially when that's a primary reason many people buy those phones - and Samsung will literally say nothing on the matter and leave us in an uninformed fear that we will be left hanging and thousands of dollars down the drain. An update for our security and convenience breaking our phones is ridiculous. Please address this.

userZF4ob1vrvy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem since the latest update.

it needs fixing or will change my phone to Apple - this situation is not acceptable since the update and cannot be fixed. i have tried all the suggested fixes why is this update still being released if it is causing this many issues with the phone?

userXsfPn1FuuP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue since 9/9/2019.  I am so not a tech person. I hope Samsung is coming up with some sort of solution soon. 

useroHqr4Uq2I5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same issue experienced by me too. This all started post 1st August 2019 update on Android version 9.

The samsung support IVR too does recognise the entry made over the keypad.

I request Samsung Support team to release a fix for the same ASAP.

Regards,
Manish Gupta

GrahamR
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also am now getting the dreaded 'IMS Service Keeps Stopping' message directly after installed the latest updates this morning 7th Sep 2019 on my Galaxy S9 Plus.

I have tried all the suggestions mentioned including as a a last resort doing a hardware reset.

The message came back immediately after restarting after the factory reset before even restoring anything - this suggests to me that there is a serious problem with the latest updates.

The phone is now essentially unusable in that it is very unresponsive and the battery goes flat in about 3 or 4 hours!

Update version: G965U1UEU6CSH7

Size: 630.81 MB

Security patch level: 1-Aug-2019

userGOzYEvm9Dy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi, i turned the phone off, took the sim card out, powered up the phone without sim card and it's running the way it should, no ims service is stopping message or power drain. problem is, when i insert the sim card and power on the phone it goes back to the dreaded state it was in. i don't know if it's the carriers fault or samsungs'.

userGOzYEvm9Dy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so it is something to do with the sim card, but can't find a solution to the problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most telcos will swap out a sim card.  If a factory reset didn't fix it and you hadn't restored any data yet I would try that next