cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_rjvKMi1
Constellation

Re: IMS Service Keeps Stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing is happening to me. I have a S9+ unlocked. I'm in Australia and bought a Vodafone Sim card to use while I'm here. I updated the phone and now it's bugged. 

Tried all clearing data and cache. I tried factory reset and still not working.

I took it to Samsung in Sydney and they told me that the USA phone has a different software than the Australian Samsung and that there is nothing they could do. 

Outrageous! 

Phone still bugged and I don't seem to have other options...HELP! 

userQK5L0esuBm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the exact same situation as many here, US unlocked Samsung S9, using in Australia (successfully for 1 year until the most recent update).  Commenting in the hopes that Samsung will see there are heaps of people with this problem and will get it together to address and fix this issue.

GrahamR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FIXED

In the absence of any action from Samsung I have fixed my US unlocked S9+ myself by installing the previous firmware version (build date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 07:04:54 +0000).

All the issues have gone.

Differences bewteen the faulty firmware and the previous are with 

Baseband version G965U1UEU6CSH7 -> G965U1UEU6CSH7

Kernel version 4.9.112-16578910 -> 4.9.112-16002534

Build number PPR1.180610.011.G965U1UeU6CSH7 -> PPR...SH1

SE for Android SEPF_SM-G965U1_9_0008 -> SEPF...0002

Service provider SW ver SAOMC_SM-G965U1_OYM_XAA_PP_0022 -> SAO...PP_0021

Sercurity software version is the same (both are 1-Aug-2019)

Firmware and Odin updater sotware is available from...

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus-us-unlocked/firmware/SM-G965U1/XAA/download/G965U1U...

You will need to do a free registration for this site to get the firmware for your phone.

In settings I have also turned off "Software update / Auto download over WiFi" to stop the faulty updater from re-installed again.

Regards, Graham

GrahamR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have fixed my S9+ (G965U1) by reinstalling the previous firmware.

userasyhFhmLbR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got this error this morning after updating my Galaxy Note8.

userFnIAE8fId7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing happened in my Note 8 too.
userCcYXVNireu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally I found the solution for this issue. Just try to upgrade the firmware using Odin. It works for me. Issue gone.

1.  Read how to upgrade the firmware using odin

https://www.xda-developers.com/update-firmware-any-samsung-phone/

2. Download firmware from Samsung firmware website.

My phone:s9+ unlocked. I'm using it in Australia(Vodafone). Select the version pie 9 which is released in 20th of August. Unknown provider and I selected one of the versions.

3. Backup your phone data. And following the instructions of no.1

I have to sleep for tomorrow. Maybe I ll put more detail steps later

Required files and tools:

- Odin3 v3.13 or higher

- SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

- G965U1UES6CSH1_G965U1OYM6CSH1_AIO.zip (Unknown country. be patient to download. apprx. 3hrs)

Working fine all if you follow the instruction No.1

Make me sure I try to upgrade the software again from Settings>Software update. It happens again.

Definitely we have to skip the latest version which is released in september. To avoid the upgrade automatically, don't tick the Auto download over Wi-FI.

Don't delete above files. keep them all until the issue fixed. we have to try updataing again whenever samsung released new version again.

userasyhFhmLbR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you publish the steps you did to solve this issue?

Also, did you have to upgrade to an older firmware version?

Is your phone unlocked?

GrahamR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The interim method to fix the problem is to re-install the previous version of the firmware for your phone. For the S9 and S9+ US Unlocked phones (SM-G960U1 and SM-G965U1) the previous firmware has a build date of 30-Jul-2019 and has SH1 at the end of the filenames (the faulty firmware has SH7).
This is standard factory firmware and should work with normal untouched phones.
The instructions below are mostly from the sammobile website.

BACKUP your phone first and read the instructions VERY carefully.

Make sure you use the HOME_CSC file and NOT the plain CSC file otherwise you will wipe all your data.

The method to do this is as follows…

1. Go to the website sammobile.com and do a free registration.
    Find and download the correct firmware for your phone.
    For my phone which is a US unlocked S9+ with a model number of G965U1 and a product code of XAA the correct firmware was here - https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus-us-unlocked/firmware/SM-G965U1/XAA/download/G965U1U...
  2. Download and install the Windows software called Odin v3.13.3 from https://dl2018.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.13.3.zip
  3. Extract the firmware file you just downloaded. You should get 5 files:
    AP (System &Recovery)
    BL (Bootloader)
    CP (Modem / Radio)
    CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator) – DO NOT USE THIS ONE!!!
    HOME_CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)
  4. Add each file to it's respective field in Odin v3.13.3. Use CSC_*** if you want to do a clean flash or HOME_CSC_*** if you want to keep your apps and data.
  5. Reboot your phone in Download / Odin mode (make sure your device is off) with the following button combo: POWER + VOLUME DOWN + BIXBY
  6. Once in download mode, connect your phone to the PC, preferably using the original USB cable you got with your phone. Odin should detect your device and a BLUE box will show up with the COM port number. (Be sure, the SAMSUNG-drivers are installed on your PC!)
  7. Do NOT tick any extra boxes. The only options to be ticked are F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot.
  8. Click the start button, wait for Odin to say 'PASS' in a GREEN box. Once the flash is complete, your phone will reboot, and you can disconnect your phone from the PC.
  9. Once the phone has restarted turn off “Auto download over Wi-Fi” under “Software update” in Settings, otherwise the faulty firmware will automatically get re-installed again!

Regards, Graham.

userFnIAE8fId7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened in my Note 8. I updated it today and i look all the solutions online but i have no luck to fix it.