cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userE6YCfR66yy
Constellation

IMS Service keeps stopping error - tried everything, still an issue

Samsung Team - i had an android update last Sept. 8. I have a Galaxy S9.  Since that time i'm getting the popup window "IMS Service keeps stopping" error. I tried to delete the cache, do a factory reset and wipe the partition but nothing works. Me and my family have been Samsung users for 6 years already. I've bought around 6 Samsung smartphones over that time. All of my cellphones were brought from the US unlocked and now we're living here in Australia. We moved last Oct. 2018 and I did not encounter any problem until a few days ago. If you are unable to solve this, please tell me now. Otherwise, we'll be moving to other smartphone brands. Actually i'm thinking of replacing my Galaxy S9 with a cheaper LG or Huawei handset because it's basically unusable as it is. If you still want to be the top smartphone maker in the world, please show that you care and fix the issue. Otherwise, you will lose customers. You will become like what Nokia used to be - a very dominant player before but a niche player right now. You only have 1 week to fix the issue. Otherwise, you will lose 4 very loyal customers (my wife and 2 kids) forever.

5 REPLIES 5
WhitlessinAU
Constellation

Re: IMS Service keeps stopping error - tried everything, still an issue

Same issue here in Brisbane with a US version S9 purchased last year. 

I did the update last night and my phone is barely usable now... 

I've just arrived in Australia and desperately need my phone to be working right now! 

Samsung - please do something to fix this for the many users in Au / NZ who have unusable phones today.

userTtSqxrjN1G
Astronaut

I have this issue as of 2 days ago via the same update.... IMS stopping... cant call anybody for longer than 5 minutes... the phone has become unusable and I have had to swap back to the old S5.

FIX THIS SAMSUNG!!!!! FIX IT FAST!!!!!

Black Hole

@userE6YCfR66yy wrote:

Samsung Team - i had an android update last Sept. 8. I have a Galaxy S9.  Since that time i'm getting the popup window "IMS Service keeps stopping" error. I tried to delete the cache, do a factory reset and wipe the partition but nothing works. Me and my family have been Samsung users for 6 years already. I've bought around 6 Samsung smartphones over that time. All of my cellphones were brought from the US unlocked and now we're living here in Australia. We moved last Oct. 2018 and I did not encounter any problem until a few days ago. If you are unable to solve this, please tell me now. Otherwise, we'll be moving to other smartphone brands. Actually i'm thinking of replacing my Galaxy S9 with a cheaper LG or Huawei handset because it's basically unusable as it is. If you still want to be the top smartphone maker in the world, please show that you care and fix the issue. Otherwise, you will lose customers. You will become like what Nokia used to be - a very dominant player before but a niche player right now. You only have 1 week to fix the issue. Otherwise, you will lose 4 very loyal customers (my wife and 2 kids) forever.

There are few thread as you may already know.  Some Samsung people have escalated the issue to the appropriate management

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/IMS-Service-Keeps-Stopping/td-p/822062

userPtf2KlxCnc
Constellation

I'm also having this trouble and have reverted to use my old phone!!! I paid $900 for my S9Edge 8 mo ths ago and now its useless..... I will be going elsewhere to purchase a new phone... Disgusted in the help from Samsung as I gave them my number when calling them as the line kept dropping out and they never called back, that's after 4 times my call dropped out... Samsung need to release a new update to fix this problem as our phones are useless!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

To help us escalate this issue, please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Model code:

Service Provider:

Software/Baseband version:

Country used in: