cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergCZFtq3N1i
Astronaut

IR Blaster on the s9?

Can’t wait till we get an answer. It might be out there already, but I haven’t seen it.

29 REPLIES 29
userXOtoRwmori
Constellation

Re: IR Blaster on the s9?

No IR Blaster sadly; I skipped S8 and I will Skip S9, this is a deal breaker for me since the features are not that much better then S7...

http://www.androidbeat.com/2018/02/samsung-galaxy-s9-ir-blaster/

usera5vyp8lrNG
Constellation

Ditto for me. The IR blaster is one of my most used features. If Samsung does not include it soon, I will switch.

usera5vyp8lrNG
Constellation

I have found the Moto Z is going to have a Moto Mod soon that will give the Moto Z an IR blaster and Wireless charging capability. If the Galaxy S10 does not have an IR blaster I will switch to the Moto Z. (Listen up Samsung as people respond to this post!) - GO

userA0qTQDvNpW
Constellation

To bad samsung you keep ignoring your base we were with you since the begining.  Now that lg also has did away with the blaster its time to support motorola since they will include the ir blaster in thier up comming products..

usernQFW1UCPYZ
Astronaut

Sadly don't think samsung are listening to us.

I prefer my s6+ to my s8+ mainly because of the ir blaster! I won't bother getting the s9 despite it only costing me $100, mainly because it doesn't have blaster.  If the s10 doesn't have an ir bladter then I'll go elsewhere, shane my wife and I have pretty much had every s# to the s8+, and many other Samsung products (tv's, fridge freezer, tablets).

usereIr76RwpPu
Constellation

and settle for a huge downgrade. 

userSG4vyd2PwL
Astronaut

Hello Samsung Team.  When are you planning on re-introducing IR Blaster on your phone . Trust me , there are many users out there who absolutely love this feature and just launch one latest phone with this feature and see it sell like hot cakes 

userSG4vyd2PwL
Astronaut

I bought a Huawei mate 20 pro as that's the only flagship phone which is still offering IR Blaster but it's a shame it DOES NOT work as smoothly as my Samsung galaxy S6 Edge . (Only reason I did not upgrade to any other version is because of this missing IR Blaster on S7 S8 S9) 

S10 are you listening???

userqgr54qtDFj
Astronaut

Me too!