cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userNu6qcTIa1J
Asteroid

If you can solve this you are a genius. Galaxy S9+ WILL UNLOCK with fingerprint but WON'T LOCK. #s9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried all I can think of, but I'm no genious... are you?  Thanks for the help.

Charley

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: If you can solve this you are a genius. Galaxy S9+ WILL UNLOCK with fingerprint but WON'T LOCK.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNu6qcTIa1J  the Galaxy s9 does not lock with your fingerprint. It never did. You use your fingerprint for unlocking only

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: If you can solve this you are a genius. Galaxy S9+ WILL UNLOCK with fingerprint but WON'T LOCK.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Settings, lock screen, screen lock type, set up a lock type

Like you said make sure fingerprints are active

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like you said make sure fingerprints are active

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

If you have the screen lock type set to pin or password and you have smart lock trusted places enabled it will override the pin lock and keep the phone unlocked when you're at the trusted places location. Using the fingerprint simply wakes up the phone and takes you straight to the home screen page. If you use the power key it wakes up the phone and displays the lockscreen. Swipe and it will take you to the home screen. The phone wasn't actually locked.

I have the lock type set to pin. Screen timeout is set to two minutes. Screen lock timeout is set to one minute. Once the screen locks and I press the power key it wakes the phone up and displays the lock screen. Swipe left opens enter the pin window. Fingerprint wakes it up, unlocks it and takes me straight to the homescreen. I have smart lock trusted places set up but turned off  

CLF 

userNu6qcTIa1J
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply.  Smart lock is not enabled.  Timeout is set to immediatly.  I can unlock easily enough but the phone won't lock with fingerprint.  I have to manually push the lock button.  The phone does lock when it times out, it just won't lock with the fingerprint command.  A real mystery.  

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNu6qcTIa1J  the Galaxy s9 does not lock with your fingerprint. It never did. You use your fingerprint for unlocking only

View solution in original post

userNu6qcTIa1J
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank You!  It was driving me crazy... lolol