cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlankityBlank
Constellation

Re: Inconsistent ship dates for S9/S9+ pre order

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S9 / Black / Samsung Direct (w/ Sprint SIM) 

Ordered: March 1

Shipped: March 12

Delivery: March 14 (scheduled)

Ladyt618
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So apprarently, just found out via chat that my order was "suppressed," and the order will not be shipped since it cannot be further processed. I used Samsung financing to purchase and they are having issues and recommend I re-order using another payment method. All the rep can tell me OVER and OVER and OVER again is that I make another order. Why should I?? I asked why I wasn't informed of the issue with the order and once again just keeps recommending I place another order. What's the purpose of being approved for Samsung Financing if the ish don't work?? I'm so fed up right now with Samsung. This is why people flock to Apple.
ThatSDGuy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ladyt618wrote:
So apprarently, just found out via chat that my order was "suppressed," and the order will not be shipped since it cannot be further processed. I used Samsung financing to purchase and they are having issues and recommend I re-order using another payment method. All the rep can tell me OVER and OVER and OVER again is that I make another order. Why should I?? I asked why I wasn't informed of the issue with the order and once again just keeps recommending I place another order. What's the purpose of being approved for Samsung Financing if the ish don't work?? I'm so fed up right now with Samsung. This is why people flock to Apple.

Yeah, I read shady sh*t about the Samsung Financing, so after I got approved, before I fully placed the order, I called TD Bank and had them cancel the account. Since they do a hard pull on your credit for it, I'm now doing a monitoring of my credit report to see when it's reported there. I just read so many bad things about Samsung Financing that I immediately did not feel at ease keeping it. Ordered my phone on 3/4 and it'll be here tomorrow. Sorry to hear about the idiocy you have to deal with. Their CSR is terrible and based on the stories read here, incredibly incomptent. 

useryzjPUVDrzY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously, if you need to “finance” a phone, you shouldn’t be trying to buy it in the first place.

Just buy the phone outright or get it through your phone service provider. Or better yet get a less expensive phone.

ThatSDGuy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's crazy to me that someone thinks they have any business telling someone what they should or shouldn't be spending their money on. As if they pay the person's bills or something. If someone wants a new phone and they feel they can manage the payments, they should be allowed to get one without some peanut gallery member thinking they're better than that person. 

Highlighted
Ladyt618
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
useryzjPUVDrzY,  I guess you've never heard of folks not having enough money up front so when they do they pay off the phone many time before they get their first bill. I sold my Pixel 2 XL to get this phone. I have the cash now. But I'd rather conduct my business elsewhere due to the sh***y customer service from Samsung.
Ladyt618
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
REAL TALK ThatSDGuy!!
useryzjPUVDrzY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ThatSDGuywrote:

It's crazy to me that someone thinks they have any business telling someone what they should or shouldn't be spending their money on. As if they pay the person's bills or something. If someone wants a new phone and they feel they can manage the payments, they should be allowed to get one without some peanut gallery member thinking they're better than that person. 

Its not “their” money if they’re applying for “financing”. That means you can’t pay for the item in full and thus need to borrow money from a lender, in this case Samsung.

All I’m saying is don’t be mad at Samsung because they’re having issues with offering you financing, it’s their money not yours. I paid for mine and getting it tomorrow, no issues whatsoever.

Im not trying to put down anyone.

ThatSDGuy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryzjPUVDrzYwrote:

@ThatSDGuywrote:

Its not “their” money if they’re applying for “financing”. That means you can’t pay for the item in full and thus need to borrow money from a lender, in this case Samsung.

All I’m saying is don’t be mad at Samsung because they’re having issues with offering you financing, it’s their money not yours. I paid for mine and getting it tomorrow, no issues whatsoever.

Ultimately, it IS their money. If Samsung Financing approves them for financing, then means they deem them worthy of providing credit on the basis that they will pay Samsung back with THEIR OWN money. Again, I ask, what business is it of yours or mine or anyone's as to how someone chooses to spend money or how much on a phone. They have every right to complain about the lack of CUSTOMER SERVICE they're getting, just as much as the next person. 

ThatSDGuy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You may think you're not putting anyone down, but you are. By saying "if you have to "finance" a phone, you can't afford it, if you cant afford it, get a cheaper phone"...Not in those specific words, but that is exactly what your statement implied.