cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsalt
Halo

Re: Inconsistent ship dates for S9/S9+ pre order

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "ship by" date for Samsung pre-orders is usually the official release date. Howver, more often than not, the phone will actually be shipped at least a few days prior to that date. You should receive your phone before March 16th. I pre-ordered through VZW and I know they'll begin shipping between around 3/9 and 3/12. 

Kingtiger
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last year the Samsung S8 shipments were all of the sudden really consistent.  When the release date neared suddenly everyone had Fed-Ex overnight tracking numbers for the phone.  Yeah, sure some carriers may have shipped early, but Samsung direct was awesome.  Some countries get the phone sooner due to logistics.  It's not really a matter of fair or unfair.  Furthermore, some countries get an Exynos chip instead of a Qualcomm 835/845.  The best reason to pre-order from Samsung is to get the phone at home or the office instead of going to the cell dealer.  The next best reason is to get the phone direct from Samsung is factory unlocked.   The next best reason is 24-36 months interest free payments, and easy to pay off early if you want to upgrade to the next phone or go to another carrier.  Don't worry so much about shipping dates and delivery days.  It's really not worth the energy.  

user37xWj19H51
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not worth the energy? Lining up overnight at Apple is not worth the energy. Obsessing about the ship date is definitely worth the energy. Waiting for the phone is more fun than actually having the phone!

userGZ91yi6cw6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hot spot

@user37xWj19H51wrote:

Not worth the energy? Lining up overnight at Apple is not worth the energy. Obsessing about the ship date is definitely worth the energy. Waiting for the phone is more fun than actually having the phone!

userUqsX7Eh2dG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't see how the s8 answers our question. We want to know EXACTLY what Samsung guranteed its customers then deleted from the website so they don't get hurt.

useryXW8GtjweG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I asked how people know we are getting preorders early? mine said up to 2 days after March 16th. I ordered from samsung website..

useraYXUnkyWrD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looking at the preorder page it says "Please be aware that you need to place your preorder of a Galaxy S9 or S9+ before March 5, 2018 at 11:59p.m. ET for guaranteed delivery by March 14, 2018." 

I guess the keyword here is BY March 14 so maybe people are making assumptions or maybe they'll start sending them out a couple days early to meet the deadline. When you get yours will depend on logistics I suppose 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraYXUnkyWrDwrote:

Looking at the preorder page it says "Please be aware that you need to place your preorder of a Galaxy S9 or S9+ before March 5, 2018 at 11:59p.m. ET for guaranteed delivery by March 14, 2018." 

I guess the keyword here is BY March 14 so maybe people are making assumptions or maybe they'll start sending them out a couple days early to meet the deadline. When you get yours will depend on logistics I suppose 

I am not seeing the pre-order by March 5th message.. I still see "Get your phone first. Pre-order today to get you GS9 by March 14th"  and "pre-order today for delivery by March 14th" and "pre-order by 3/8 to receive by 3/14" plastered everywhere. I pre-ordered on the 2nd anyway.  

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3dzpkkeNlp I noticed that this morning.  I heard yesterday that sales weren't as to what they were expecting.  I'd guess that has something to do with it. 

Would love to get mine sooner than expected!

Im_Lambo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would be great if they sent out even earlier I pre-ordered within the first hour of them starting pre-orders on the 2nd