cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Individual texting issue (no group text issue) - no one has been able to solve!

So randomly at 3pm 2 days ago, I started being unable to send individual texts. Here's a list of what my issue is:

- no texting of individuals except 2 people (that I know of)

- can group text

- can receive ALL texts, individual and group from, from everyone

- phone works completely fine otherwise

Here are the solutions I have tried (in no particular order) I am using the original messaging app with the phone:

- reset network preferences

- cleared cache

- restarted my phone

- checked message center number (it's correct)

- factory reset my phone (twice) - no luck texting even before I reinstall my apps or after

- started phone in safe mode (can send texts!)

- visited my provider (MetroPCS) - everything is working fine and my bill is up to date

- chatted with Samsung support who said I needed to visit the Samsung approved support location to undo any updates. He said he was unable to do so.

- visited Best Buy to see if anyone there had seen my issue. They had not recommended I use a different messaging platform for now

- tried 2 different messaging platforms and still cannot text individuals

- have looped my phone number into individual texts for now

- checked for viruses - none

- checked phone numbers to see if the 1 is added or not added 

- it's not an Apple/Android texting issue or a network issue - tried texting different people on all

One thing I noticed today is that anyone that I can text individually has a green check mark beside their name and number. No one else has this so I am thinking this may have something to do with it?

Has ANYONE seen this before?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Individual texting issue (no group text issue) - no one has been able to s..

I have a galaxy a10e..3 numbers all of sudden..I can't text but i can receive theirs..tries tetra..same thing..factory reset and all..guess its safe mode time..
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Individual texting issue (no group text issue) - no one has been able to s..

I just started looping myself in a group text with the friend. It's annoying though because their texts come back as individual so it's on 2 different threads. 

@sswise1977 wrote:
I have a galaxy a10e..3 numbers all of sudden..I can't text but i can receive theirs..tries tetra..same thing..factory reset and all..guess its safe mode time..