cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueStorm
Galaxy

Is it normal for my s9+ to be hot all the time?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed since the day I updated to android pie that my s9+ is always hot. I've looked at a video on youtube where someone is complaining about their s9+ consuming battery really fast. So I read the comments and some people said disable chrome and google app, and so I did. I didnt notice much of a difference. My phone doesnt drain up fast, but its always hot, even when im not using it. Does anybody has this issue? Or is it just my phone that doesnt seem to cool down at all?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Never mind the "as you can see from the images I posted"....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could be a third party app. Put your device into safe mode which will disable all third-party apps on the device. If the device still heats up I would recommend bringing it into your nearest uBreakiFix for a diagnostic

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Is it normal for my s9+ to be hot all the time?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It might be the amount of apps that are working in the background. Have you checked your device care? 

Smartpk
Astronaut

It could be because of a hot climate, background, or amou...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could be because of a hot climate, background, or amount of app running at the same time, one of those reason could cause your phone being heated.

BlueStorm
Galaxy

I dont have a lot of apps on my phone. I only have 4 soci...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont have a lot of apps on my phone. I only have 4 social media apps and 2 games. The other apps are basic apps (like google translate and some useful samsung apps). And I've thought that it might be facebook and messenger running in background a lot, so I checked the option that puts the app to sleep when not used for all apps. But still no use. I checked device care to see what are the apps that were running in background, but non of the apps did run more than 5 minutes in the background. Meaning that there is no reason for the device to be hot when its off..

userhV8x5n2Lbw
Cosmic Ray

My s8 gets super hot... almost like taking a hot bowl out...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s8 gets super hot... almost like taking a hot bowl out of a microwave thats barely tolerable.... even when its off and charging.

Samsung_yXdJkXv
Astronaut

This sight has 3 options that should be followed in order...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This sight has 3 options that should be followed in order and they are all safe. If they don't work, you'll have to contact Samsung support or take it to a tech. Hope this helps. https://thedroidguy.com/2019/07/what-to-do-if-your-samsung-galaxy-s9-is-overheating-after-a-minor-fi...

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: This sight has 3 options that should be followed in order...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your device gets hot to the point where is Burns you then I would definitely take it into a repair shop but power down the phone

BlueStorm
Galaxy

My phone doesn't heat up to the point where I cant hold i...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone doesn't heat up to the point where I cant hold it, but I definitely can feel the hotness of the device when I hold it, even when its off. I thought it had something to do with the cover of my phone, so I decided to take it off and try the phone without cover. But still the same. I went to device care again and noticed something I haven't noticed before. One UI, google play service, and the stock email app were running in the back ground for almost 4 hours (as you can see from the images I posted). Also, samsung health was running for also 4 hours, but it said active instead of background, knowing that I never opened the app since 4 days ago. Could it be that one of these 4 things heating up the phone, or is it normal to see them running background like this?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Bluestorm, did you try safe mode?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bluestorm, did you try safe mode?

BlueStorm
Galaxy

Never mind the "as you can see from the images I posted"....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never mind the "as you can see from the images I posted".. apparently I cant send images in a reply post.