cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Issue after latest update

That should resolve the issue. As long as the wifi connection remains strong enough, it shouldn't switch back to cellular.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
userppulNEA57r
Constellation

@Rydah wrote:

That should resolve the issue. As long as the wifi connection remains strong enough, it shouldn't switch back to cellular.

I wish it would, according to my wife's phone...the Wi-Fi signal is very strong and her phone stays connected to Wi-Fi.  My phone contines to give me the message "Wi-Fi has updated it's preferences to optimize the performance"  I have also had the problem with my wife out of the house so my phone is the only thong on the Wi-Fi. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen if your device is in safe mode?

userppulNEA57r
Constellation

I have tried that, it still did it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting your network settings? Please be advised that resetting these settings will remove all the wif-fi information and Bluetooth information that is saved on your device. We would recommend taking your device to a local UbreakIfix to have a software reflash. We recommend backing up your device prior to taking it to UbreakIfix as they will have to factory reset your device which will remove all the data saved on your device.

userppulNEA57r
Constellation

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Have you tried resetting your network settings? Please be advised that resetting these settings will remove all the wif-fi information and Bluetooth information that is saved on your device. We would recommend taking your device to a local UbreakIfix to have a software reflash. We recommend backing up your device prior to taking it to UbreakIfix as they will have to factory reset your device which will remove all the data saved on your device.

WOW, not sure I want to do that.  Someone somewhere made this update and Samsung sent it out and now I stand to loose several days of usage and maybe some important data that does not backup correctly because of a faulty software?  My phone was rock solid before this update. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@SamsungAdam, I've been meesing around with this and am able to replicate this on a slower connection. Is there any way we can ask the development team to allow an option to disable auto optimization for WiFi? That would resolve his issue. I don't think a reflash would fix this.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Sun

Hey, 

Have you looked in settings  connections  Wi-Fi  Advanced  If Adaptive Wi-Fi is turned on try turning it off while you're testing  After an update last year  I and a few others found that it was turned on and sending messages about switching from Wi-Fi to mobile  I was ten feet from the router with strong signal and good speed  

userppulNEA57r
Constellation

@CLF  wrote:

Hey, 

Have you looked in settings  connections  Wi-Fi  Advanced  If Adaptive Wi-Fi is turned on try turning it off while you're testing  After an update last year  I and a few others found that it was turned on and sending messages about switching from Wi-Fi to mobile  I was ten feet from the router with strong signal and good speed  

Good thought, but when I checked, everything under Adaptive Wi-Fi is turned off.  Should it be on?  Maybe I need to try it with it on? 

Highlighted
Sun

Hey, 

I keep it off. I think you should also. I don't think I've ever had a notification stating that it's optomizing my Wi-Fi network connection.

Further down on that same Wi-Fi Advanced settings page is Wi-Fi control history  Probably no entries but I look once in a while