Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userppulNEA57r
Constellation

Re: Issue after latest update

@CLF  wrote:

Hey, 

I keep it off. I think you should also. I don't think I've ever had a notification stating that it's optomizing my Wi-Fi network connection.

Further down on that same Wi-Fi Advanced settings page is Wi-Fi control history  Probably no entries but I look once in a while  

Sounds like the right plan, I'll check the history.  This is a new notification for me and I have used The Galaxy family for several years.

Highlighted
Sun

This morning I tried to get my my T-mobile Wi-Fi calling to send me a notification. I changed its notifications settings from silent to sound and pop-up  I turned Wi-Fi calling on and set it to Wi-Fi Preferred. Wi-Fi is on and connected  I walked to the farthest end of the home  down the stairs leading to the garage and closed the door  I looked at my Wi-Fi connection speed and it was at 7 mbps and lower  No notifications. So I opened settings  about phone, status, Sim card status and it showed the mobile network state as disconnected and the mobile network type as iwlan. I know the Wi-Fi network connection was dropping out but Wi-Fi calling Wi-Fi Preferred was not charging the sim card status to reflect that.

I went back into Wi-Fi settings and turned off auto reconnect  That changed the sim card status right away  Now I see the mobile network state is connected and the mobile data network type as LTE. It looks like the Wi-Fi network is disconnecting and auto reconnecting so fast that Wi-Fi calling never reacts to it. The T-mobile minimum threshold for Wi-Fi calling is 2 mbps  I never got a single notification during this test.

I've only been able to find a couple of posts online that have the exact same issue and the only thing they have been able to do is stop the notification from popping up every few minutes 

I really hope you can find a way to stop this I know it must be really irritating. The android 9.0 update caused some battery issues on my SM-G960U  2 minutes to install it and 2 months to fix it  Lol I still have hope.

Don't give up keep searching 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

userppulNEA57r
Constellation

Thank you

userppulNEA57r
Constellation

I appreciate all the effort in looking for a solution.  I did talk to a tech at T-mobile who says he has heard of this, all since the latest update.  2 people tried a full rest, that stopped it until they had the update lad after a couple of day...problem returned.  That said I will keep looking, Thanks again for all your time spent. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

My best recomendation would be to set it to "Wi-Fi prefered". 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador