cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernS1Ro6wqGL
Constellation

Issue with advanced messaging after update

After recent update my phone says couldn't open connection to server after I send texts. Also I have a galaxy s9 plus my husband has the s10 plus i have always been able to see when he has read my texts, when my texts have been delivered, and when he is replying to my texts. Now none of that occurs.

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with advanced messaging after update

@usernS1Ro6wqGL wrote:

After recent update my phone says couldn't open connection to server after I send texts. Also I have a galaxy s9 plus my husband has the s10 plus i have always been able to see when he has read my texts, when my texts have been delivered, and when he is replying to my texts. Now none of that occurs.

Are you using unlocked S9+ or a carrier branded?

What carrier do you use?

usernS1Ro6wqGL
Constellation

I have a carrier brand. I'm with AT&T.

Honored Contributor

@usernS1Ro6wqGL wrote:

I have a carrier brand. I'm with AT&T.

Where were couple of post about Advanced messaging not working properly and both of these cases were with ATT.  You can try calling them and see what is going on, but other user that did call ATT, didn't get anything resolved just yet.

Try this:

Check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected and then tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults.   Restart device

userrKWL42ptLw
Asteroid

The update broke this feature on my S9+ as well. I was on the phone with ATT and Samsung son and off all day. No help. Still broke. I see a iPhone in my future if somebody doesn't get this straightened out. Nobody ever has an clue.

userTtROEjdzxb
Constellation

Same exact experience. After the update this feature stopped working. I know all of the settings are correct, I've checked and troubleshoot MANY times. Talked to Samsung and AT&T and they are clueless.... I know it's a problem with my device because it works with everyone else's when i test it, and it only started happening after the update at the end of October.