cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ieatflesh
Constellation

Issue with bluetooth car radio and ringing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my phone (S9+) recently updated (3/12/19 1230am) I'm traveling and use my phone with android auto to navigate but after this update when my husband called the car kept playing the incoming call tone even after I answered the call I stopped disconnected my phone turned off any bluetooth... it didn't stop... I shut the car off... it didn't stop... I open my driver door which shuts off the radio I shut the door start the car AND ITS STILL RINGING I don't have this problem unless it's my phone (tested with iPhone) and only after this update 

Any help? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ieatflesh
Constellation

Re: Issue with bluetooth car radio and ringing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20190323_114930.jpg

Found the solution after hours of searching 

178 REPLIES 178
ieatflesh
Constellation

Re: Issue with bluetooth car radio and ringing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20190323_114930.jpg

Found the solution after hours of searching 

Ricky408
Asteroid

Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 9 is having problems pairing with my car (Prius) bluetooth.  Once paired, it is connected for call audio but not media audio. I tried reconnecting and the same issue comes up. I deleted my phone from my car bluetooth and reconnected but still the same issue. After a few more attempts, the phone struggles to stay connected even for call audio. I thought these bluetooth connectivity issues were already addressed since they were reported by Note 8 and Galaxy S9 users.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Ricky408, give this a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Bluetooth>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

what year was the car manufactured? 

Ricky408
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @SamsungJace, I tried this and it still doesn't work. It pairs and initially it'll say it's paired for both calls and media but then a few seconds later the media audio is disconnected and if you try swiping to turn it, nothing happens.

My vehicle is a 2010 Prius.

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ricky408 Please send us a private message so that we can get some more details: Private Message Link

userwAh2MA5PRD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me, even after a Garmin's software update!!!

Stevessvt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Give up. It's futile. I've moved on and purchased another device that works as it should. This will never be fixed.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ricky408 wrote:

Hey @SamsungJace, I tried this and it still doesn't work. It pairs and initially it'll say it's paired for both calls and media but then a few seconds later the media audio is disconnected and if you try swiping to turn it, nothing happens.

My vehicle is a 2010 Prius.

Thanks. 

this kind of symptom seems like your car bluetooth is already connected to one of your devices already. If you connect to a bluetooth device and media audio disconnected after a few seconds it means that the bluetooth device already connected to one other device. If a bluetooth speaker connected to two devices one or the other connects to either media or call audio. make sure no other devices connected to your car bluetooth. It has to be disconnected to all bluetooth sources because what it happen is that your car bluetooth, when you make a call, it will switch back and forth to other devices for calls it has a lot of interference. If your phone only connects to one audio output means the speaker is already connected to another bluetooth source.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userdMRkBrWfAw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here with my 2104 Mazda CX-5. I had no problemm when I got the phone but that last update ruined it. Now when the phone pairs it immediately starts to make a call then everything freezes up on the car's control.  I have to hang uptheu call. Then with Bluetooth connected instead of playing through the car speakers it still plays through the phone speakers