Give these steps a try:
1. Turn off the ignition.
2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.
3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.
4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF
5. Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition on.
6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
6.1 Select Home Screen
6.2 Select "Settings"
6.3 Ensure the "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
6.4 Select "Phones"
6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in the list
6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.
7. Reinstall Android Auto.
8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.
I had the same issue with the note 9 and Bluetooth in my escalade I went ahead and cleared the storage caches as someone had indicated earlier but what really worked for me was to go into Bluetooth from the settings communications menu and then click on the three dots in the upper right corner From there I selected advanced and then turned on the dual audio. At that point I was prompted to disable the media volume sync which I did by selecting ok and then the Bluetooth worked fine . I still kept the contact access .
Hey guys, can you all provide the following information:
Model code of Phone: (This can be found under About Device in the settings)
Model of Radio:
Make/Model of Car:
We are currently looking into this and will report back once we have more information. Thanks!