cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

July 2020 patch causing major network issues

I installed the 7/1 patch recently and immediately had network problems. Dropping from 4g to 3g, refusing to connect. Seeing 5 bars on 4g but getting no throughput. Sometimes I go hours with no issue. Sometimes it switches back and forth between 4g, 3g and NO SERVICE every few minutes.

I've updated PRL and profile multiple times (sometimes fixes the issue, but it always comes back.) The only real fix I found is running the phone in safe mode...it keeps solid 4g just like it did before the update. That would normally point to a 3rd party app but I haven't downloaded any new apps in months, plus I deleted any apps with optimizing functions/battery management just in case.

I use this phone's hotspot to work remotely, this is a huge problem 🥴 help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: July 2020 patch causing major network issues

So you have a problem with data and signal? Try uninstalling and reinstalling your SIM card and see if it works, if not contact your carrier and seek help, and lastly if it STILL doesn't work just get a new SIM card.That is all of my ideas.
Highlighted
Constellation

Indeed I tried removing/reinserting sim but no luck. It's an hour drive to replace it and I'm thinking it must be something else since safe mode fixes the problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. If the device is working in safe mode, then it could be a 3rd party app that is causing the symptoms you are experiencing. It may be that the app isn't compatible with the recent update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Safe mode no longer fixes the problem, I guess it was just coincidence that I had full connection when I put it on safe mode last time Smiley Sad I am on Sprint and they told me this was due to the merger and the phone is switching around to different towers, apparently many people are having the same issue. Thanks for your help Smiley Happy