cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

July Update Removed Personal Dictionary and All Words

The July update has removed my personal dictionary and all of the words added to it. Along with this, I have also lost any access to a custom or personal dictionary.

Android 10

Baseband - G960USQU7ETG2

Kernel - 4.9.186-18803994

Build - QP1A.190711.020.G960USQU7ETg2

Any help would be appreciated, between this issue and the installed bloatware I'm pretty close to moving away from Samsung.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: July Update Removed Personal Dictionary and All Words

in the samsung keyboard?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah, Samsung keyboard. Swiping specifically.

What used to happen was in a text message you'd type in a word that wasn't in the dictionary and it was the first suggested word on the suggested words toolbar. You'd tap that word and it was added to the dictionary.

I've managed a ham-fisted and super annoying workaround though -

-Type the word that isn't in the dictionary and press spacebar

-Back up and delete the last letter of the new word

-Re-type last letter and press space

-Back up and delete last letter again

-New word should now be the second or third choice on suggested words bar.

Sometimes this took 3 tries of deleting / re-add letter / space bar

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you. I was getting very annoyed that this went away with the recent update. This worked perfectly!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

along with this they also messed up switching between languages on the keyboard. Before your switch languages on the keyboard to access that specific dictionary and now they all in one and switching is pointless so now I'm struggling with the keyboard getting the correct word(I use swype) because it has to go through 4 different dictionaries(i had to type this word out because it couldn't find it) at once. It's so annoying. Anyone else having this issue and how to fix it?

Highlighted

I am unhappy about this also. Just having words with the red line under them drives my OCD crazy. It makes no sense to me why they would even remove such a thing, since so many users are quite likely to have a pretty vast and unique vocabulary thats not just standard.