cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHcgMHxXu8v
Asteroid

Keeps restarting randomly after a bunch of trouble shooting. (Galaxy s9)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! My Samsung Galaxy S9 has been restarting randomly. I have been trouble shooting it for a couple of days now and the problem persists. I tried booting it in safe mode and it still restarts, I tried wiping cache partition and it still restarts, and I have tried resetting it and it still restarts. Lastly, I tried a factory reset. This did not work either. I would love an answer to my problem (Preferably one of the above mentioned "Solutions").

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userHcgMHxXu8v
Asteroid

Re: Keeps restarting randomly after a bunch of trouble shooting. (Galaxy s9)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

alright, so after much troubleshooting, I turned off the fingerprint sensor and that is what has been working so far. no restarts, and when I turn it back on, the random restarts happen again.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung_gQQlZAg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did I take the battery out for a few minute and try it again

userHcgMHxXu8v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is an s9, You can not take out the battery.

Samsung_gQQlZAg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If that doesn't work it's a defective device

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can test a simulated battery pull by powering off the device by holding Power and Volume down together until it reboots. Once it starts rebooting, stop holding the buttons or it will boot into ODIN mode or Safe mode. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userHcgMHxXu8v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

alright, so after much troubleshooting, I turned off the fingerprint sensor and that is what has been working so far. no restarts, and when I turn it back on, the random restarts happen again.

BIG-O526
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same exact problem with my s9 plus. I tried everything but to no avail. I went to tmobile and they gave me a new phone.