cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Laggy typing skipping letters and deleting words on Galaxy S9+

I have my Galaxy S9+ since 2018 and it was perfectly fine, until some days ago (or weeks, don't know exactly), when I started to notice a very frustrating issue:

When I'm typing, sometimes it seems to get kinda laggy and then it starts to skip some letters, or even deleting some previous words when I start typing the next one. Usually that happens when I'm typing fast (which I'm used to, like most people). And it's completely random when it will happen or not. Sometimes this bug just disappears and typing flows perfectly.

I've attached a video to show that happening. I'm brazilian, so I'm typing in portuguese, but I guess you guys can see the bug at least. Look that some words goes completely wrong, and I guarantee it's not me mistyping (lol), it's that slowdown's fault. And sometimes it just doesn't happen.

https://youtu.be/fTvd39V3jRU

Ps.:

- My phone is up to date (Android 10) and so are all my apps. Last software update was March, 16th and maybe that's when it all started, I'm not sure;
- My keyboard app is SwiftKey, but I've tried other keyboards and the issue happens too;
- Yes, I've recently installed many apps, and to be honest I can't remember which were the last ones, to uninstall them and try;
- I've already tried clearing cache and data of my keyboard and some other apps;
- I've tried clearing partition cache;
- I've tried reseting my phone! Nothing worked.

Does anyone have any idea of what's causing it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Laggy typing skipping letters and deleting words on Galaxy S9+

Hello,

did your phone just updated to One ui 2.1 ?

If yes then i have the same problem and made a post here: My thread 

Till now no one replied on it and on the german board i also made that post and people said they have the same problem since that update and did also a complete factory reset and so on...

I hope Samsung can tell something to this issue and will fix it very fast.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello,

No, I did receive an update on March, 16th but my One UI is still on 2.0. I don't know what have changed in this update, but I guess that's when it all started. Somehow, it seems to be related to this update anyway...

Highlighted
Asteroid

If there was a keyboard update then it could be the same sh... what happened to my S10 and many other users since the update...and Samsung seem not to care and not to even admit there is an issue even if i have many people in the german community complaining about the same...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Honestly, I don't think it's something related to the keyboard itself, because I had that issue first with SwiftKey, the third-party keyboard I use everyday, then I tried to uninstall it, use the Samsung Keyboard, then the GBoard from Google, etc. None of these worked well, all of them were randomly lagged sometimes. I don't know what could the problem me.