cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I_H8ANDROIDS
Asteroid

Latest update s9+ error

Updated my phone to the August patch . G965U1 and now my phone is trash. IMS service keeps stopping, and yes I've searched all the fixes. Clearing data and caches to a full reset. Release a patch to fix your broken "update" . Never again with Samsung. Where is customer service.

14 REPLIES 14
GrahamR
Asteroid

Re: Latest update s9+ error

I have the same problem with exactly the same model (SM-G965U1) after updating with the 1st Aug 2019 updates.

The phone is a US unlocked version but I am using it in Australia with Telstra (AUS service provider).

Others are having similar problems with other models such as the standard S9.

One of the other forum postings on this site advised that they had been told by Samsung via Facebook that US model Samsung phones would no longer work outside of the US. I find that a bit hard to believe (besides the terrible publicity that would give them, and the potential restraint of trade legal issues) as that would mean that US travelers would not be able to use foreign SIMS when overseas.

Where are you located? US or somewhere else?

usertqmeCUuhce
Asteroid

My partner and I bought US Unlocked S9+ phones in the US before moving to Australia. Worked fine for the last 2 months and now, after she downloaded the August update (SH7) she gets the "IMS Keeps Stopping" notification and her phone is incredibly laggy and unresponsive. I have yet to update and mine works fine.

One noticeable change is that her toggle option for Voice Over LTE is gone. If it helps, I read that a couple of years ago this same issue happened with Optus users who had unlocked phones. Turning on VOLTE was the solution at the time. Maybe it's just automatically on now and Samsung decided they didn't need the toggle. Either way, this isn't going to work going forward and we need a fix. The phone is practically unusable behaving this way. 

And for the record, yes, we went through all the usual steps resetting phone, booting in safe mode, clearing the cache partition. Things suggested for the IMS issue.

When can we get an update that fixes this.

useryYhdGYczQr
Asteroid

@usertqmeCUuhce 

can you please confirm that the last happy firmware on your phone (not your partners) is G965U1UES6CSH1? Trying to flash my firmware to the old one and don't wanna flash to the wrong version. thanks!  

usertqmeCUuhce
Asteroid

Hi, SH1, the previous update before SH7, works fine. 

user7eSD7LRDry
Astronaut

Same issue. Updated my Samsung S9, now it eats through battery in a few hours, keeps freezing and shutting down. Any help out there please. Last time with Samsung. Back to apple with me. Customer Service is terrible

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Have you tried reaching out to your carrier to see what options they have available to take away the message?

I_H8ANDROIDS
Asteroid

The error is that these G956U1 are US unlocked Samsung's. Samsung support said these security patches are provided via origin of phone hence OS error with foreign network. So the patch is for US Samsung's because its US unlocked, otherwise update would have been provided by carrier the phone is linked too. Doesn't help fix it . But it's an answer. 

userLSPmxoTH3Q
Asteroid

Yes i have reached out to my carrier and they have said there would not be any issue on their end.