cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Led notification lights missing

Has anyone else had this problem where the notification led colors no longer show up?

I can see the led colors when im charging the phone = red

And when fully charged = green

But messages used to be  flash blue

WhatsApp used to flash purple.

Now it doesnt flash any color to notifiy me that I have a message when my screen isnt on

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Led notification lights missing

Try placing your device in safe mode to see if you receive any lighting from your messages. If so try uninstalling Whatsapp and trying again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is nothing you can do to fix this so don't bother trying. If you turn on Edge Lighting you will get a flashing blue light for messages, I also rarely get a flashing green light for a missed phone call but 90% of the time I get nothing. Samsung will (hopefully) come out with a fix for this eventually but I can't tell you when, it is a S9 series problem after upgrading to Android 10.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have had the same issue for about a year.  Some apps work and some don't.  Most notably I stopped getting notification light for Gmail.  Samsung and Google have never been able to resolve...