cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnmxg12
Asteroid

Live Focus poor quality

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I have a live focus question for the community. I've been taking shots in perfect conditions where lighting is great,  my subject is centered and have found the shots to look worse than the preview. 

The preview looks amazing with the blurred background and sharp subject but the end result looks significantly worse. Even after adjusting the background blur, it never looks as good. 

Has anyone run into the same problem? 

After a year of owning the device, still no update or info from Samsung.  I've found this video that sold me on getting the S9+, but on closer inspection, they're using DSLR images.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1af2KxJq0

⚡️We are making a DRONE ANAMORPHIC LENS 👉 http://pix.shopmoment.com/Xv7EexGs Check it out - we are back on KICKSTARTER 🚁 Shop Moment Gear 👉 http://momnt.io/2oSzkFt We really wanted to see just how good the Samsung Galaxy S9+ is for taking portraits with Live Focus. Instead of shooting with people
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userdK6Zd2RX2m
Constellation

Re: Live Focus poor quality

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have had similar issues most of the time when using live focus. I get very soft pictures lacking detail. Also the focus is very slow compared to auto mode on my phone. I have had a few pictures come out good ranfomra, but for the most part I am a little unsatisfied and hope that samsunS fixes these problems with some sort of update. Would also like to see an optito to zoom and not be forced to do so.

50 REPLIES 50
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide me with the model number and baseband version of your device? 

Johnmxg12
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung S9 Plus

Model Number:  SM-G965UZKAATT

AT&T 

Not like it makes a difference, the S9 plus live focus feature is awful. None of the photos taken in perfect lighting conditions look like the DSLR quality photos used in the sample photos. 

user8HPeLsTjwo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree with John. I am also one of the most disappointed owners of Samsung Galaxy S9 plus.

Regretting my decision of choosing S9 plus over One plus 6. Paid a hefty amount and got a basic camera phone in return. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8HPeLsTjwo

Hello,

Can you provide me your full model number and IMEI in a private message here?

userxBHMwHXTdI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having issues with my live focus as well. All my ither camera modes work on my note 8 except live focus

userxBHMwHXTdI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJace my libe focus doesnt work either. All the other modes work nut that one is blurry. Is there a fix?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried Force Stop and Clear Cache for the camera app? You can also try the steps in the article. Please let me know if the issue continues.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001297/

userdK6Zd2RX2m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have had similar issues most of the time when using live focus. I get very soft pictures lacking detail. Also the focus is very slow compared to auto mode on my phone. I have had a few pictures come out good ranfomra, but for the most part I am a little unsatisfied and hope that samsunS fixes these problems with some sort of update. Would also like to see an optito to zoom and not be forced to do so.

usersJ0IIJVvtD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my new Samsung Note 9. I didn't have this problem with the Note 8 though.