cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Locked out of phone....

Phone is locked and asking for password when all I had set was fingerprint...  Tried to unlock with find my phone and genius me must have disabled that function.... Should I pay for software to get my data? I don't want to lose the pictures but the phone won't give permission to the app to back them up.... 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Locked out of phone....

I realize it's not going to help you remember the password, but just to state a fact, it is impossible to set up a fingerprint unlock without first creating a password or a pin number. The phone won't let you do that, there has to be an alternative, and it asks for a password every time you restart the phone.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

So to clarify; my phone is a brick and my data is unsalvageable and there is nothing I can do?

i will pay for a third party app if I have to is that possible?

I do not want to lose my photos. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just had a similiar issue where after the most recent software update my phone turned itself off and then would not recognize the same passcode that I have been using for 3 years.  Find My Phone would not work because as the phone shut itelf off it was no longer connected to a network so Find My Phone could not see it.  I searched and could not find any third-party software that would work with the S9 or S9+ (what I have).  The newest model was the S6.  Between Samsung Cloud and Google Photo's I was able to get back about 80% of my photo's but am still not happy...I guess what I am saying is I hope you have better luck than I did and can find third-party software that will work with the S9 but I could not and gave up after 2 days of searching.

Highlighted

I would suggest that you take the phone to a reputable service center and see if they can recover your data prior to doing a factory reset.