Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usernnPTuHl9UW
Constellation

Lockscreen has advertisements

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife's lockscreen all of a sudden has advertisements, apps, weather, etc. We have Tmobile and this has never happened. How does she go back to a regular lock screen without all this mess?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lockscreen has advertisements

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @usernnPTuHl9UW

Thanks for reaching out for asssitance with the ads appearing on your Lock Screen.

My recommendation would be to re-evaluate the installed third party applications downloaded from the play store.

Place your device into safe mode using the Troubleshooting article below and if the ad's do not appear. The issue is being caused by third party application.

Troubleshooting article for placing the device into safe mode: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Fond Regards,

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @usernnPTuHl9UW

Thanks for reaching out for asssitance with the ads appearing on your Lock Screen.

My recommendation would be to re-evaluate the installed third party applications downloaded from the play store.

Place your device into safe mode using the Troubleshooting article below and if the ad's do not appear. The issue is being caused by third party application.

Troubleshooting article for placing the device into safe mode: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Fond Regards,

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JaMo1982
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! Mine started doing that all of a sudden! I got a feeling Samsung is allowing this, not a third party. All issues online point to third party, but I think that's just a front.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@JaMo1982 wrote:

Yes! Mine started doing that all of a sudden! I got a feeling Samsung is allowing this, not a third party. All issues online point to third party, but I think that's just a front.

It's a 3rd party app 🙄😑

Please follow all community guidelines and Samsung TOS

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to test the above troubleshooting steps?

Starchaser
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try doing a search on Google for hot apps. It should tell you what apps are causing this.

gabe80million
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like an app my mom got. Typical downloading a game or something

Michael_C
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's definitely a third party app