cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
archie9821
Asteroid

Lockscreen wallpapers and videos not displaying at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have never been able to get any wallpapers to display on the lock screen except for the default ones that came with the phone (and even with those are incredibly finicky and rarely work). I've tried still images and videos, some I've paid for, some free, some of my own--nothing works. It's been this way since I bought the phone a year ago.  I only get the always-on display on a black background.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lockscreen wallpapers and videos not displaying at all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is indeed how the typical lock screen works. I do not believe you will be able to have both the always on display and the wallpaper. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, are you using any third-party launchers?

archie9821
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJace wrote:

Hi there, are you using any third-party launchers?

No, I'm not. However, I noticed that I am able to see my lockscreen video whenever I plug in either headphones or the charge cable. Those are the only times I ever see it. Ideally, I want to see this every time I pick up my phone, but perhaps that is simply not how the S9 works. With my previous iPhone, I got used to being able to see an image on my lockscreen every time I opened my phone, and I assumed that was how lockscreen images and videos would work on this phone too.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you running a power saving mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

archie9821
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My power mode is "optimized."

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, I noticed you mentioned Always on display in your first message. Can you temporarily disable the AOD settings and try your wallpapers and tell me if they act normally? I believe the Always on display settings override all other settings so this could be causing the wall paper to act funky. 

archie9821
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I disabled the always on display. Now, when my phone is at rest, it's a blank black screen. The lock screen video only plays if I press the power button on the side or plug in a cord. Nothing happens if I pick it up, tap, or swipe the black screen. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is indeed how the typical lock screen works. I do not believe you will be able to have both the always on display and the wallpaper. 

View solution in original post