cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userw6qauDntUO
Constellation

Losing folders after returning to normal PS

After using power saving mode and returning to high performance or optimised or medium power saving mode I lose folders, shortcuts on the second menu home page. I.e. when I swipe once to move right, the page is blank. The next home page is fine. Also the main list of apps page now has no folders either and all the contents are spilled out randomly on various pages. Seems the phone no longer remembers layout you had before entering maximum power saving mode.

I dont know how to communicate this to Samsung but it is clearly an annoying bug.

Current update installed is G960FXXU4CSE3 ( might have been before this as might not have noticed).

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Losing folders after returning to normal PS

Do you experience these symptoms if you try the same steps in safe mode?

userw6qauDntUO
Constellation

No, I made 1 folder again and gave it a try in safe mode. The folder and contents was still there when I repeated the steps. However my samsung health tracking widget had to be replaced after leaving safe mode but I assume this is normal as safe mode closes certain apps.

Interestingly after exiting safe mode and trying the steps again the folder was still present. This may be the problem solved for me but the conditions is not 100% as per my original situation. Ie. on my home screen I had the first page and 2 more pages of shortcuts to apps, so 3 pages in total. It was always the second page where the folders and bookmarked pages dissapeared. Now that this blank page was deleated there is only 2 pages, perhaps this is important info for any other users who have this issue.

Also I did not recreate folders on my list of apps page before I tried the same steps in safe mode to see if they were effected.

Over the next few days I will try some things to see if the issue has dissapeared by simply running safe mode once. I will report back here if there are any issues.

Thanks for your support so far. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are very welcome, Thank you for reaching out to us!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user5qUCl5Fntl
Constellation

My watch is dead, after being fully charged

My watch is dead, after being fully charged