cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Lost camera photos

Hey guys,

My storage was at 99% so I had to delete some apps, done this and dropped the storage to 97%. I needed to drop more storage so I wanted to delete some photos and videos. Not sure what happened but all of my camera taken photos and videos have vanished, only videos and pictures sent to me through whatsapp are now visible in my gallery. 

My storage capcity is still the same though, still at 97% and my photos and videos section in my storage breakdown is still as high as it was prior to these vanishing. I have checked the recycle bin and there is nothing in there. 

Does anyone know where the photos and videos have disappeared to? There are so many memories there that I don't want to lose but I have no idea where to find everything which is clearly still taking up memory on my phone, just not visible in gallery. 

Thanks.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Lost camera photos

Go to your Gallery and click the 3 dots up at the top right. It will bring down a menu then click on trash. All of your deleted content should be there. Click and hold on one picture and it should give you the option to choose all of them. Once you've done that, hit restore down at the bottom left. After you've done this you can save all of your content to an SD card and that should free up a lot of internal space. I hope this helps!
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Asteroid

This hasn't worked. Thats not the issue.

The content is not in the trash, neither is it in my gallery. Then advanced storage menu shows me that I have 35GB of photos and videos on the phone, however they are simply not present in the gallery or trash.

How can I find these pictures and videos? I didn't delete them, they are obviously there somewhere, I just don't know where.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, could you give the steps listed here a try?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001310/

You said you were trying to free up memory did you try to move the pictures to a SD card or a cloud storage app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

try search for images on My Files.

Highlighted
Asteroid

This didn't work but interestingly when I do that I can hit "analyse storage"... when I do this it shows only 211mb of images around 200mb of videos..... but then I have 60GB of "other" listed.

That is the photos and videos, I just don't know how to find the "other" that its referring to.