cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Malfunctioning Phone?

My photo auto updated to UI 2.0 now my gallery, Notes, chrome, messenger and play store all crash after about a minute. I can't download any pictures from anywhere, or applications from the play store as they permanently stay waiting for download. The gallery shows the albums and cover pictures but when I go in the shows no files, as if nothing is there. I can't seem to get anything to work, screenshots only present me with a white photo that I can't even preview. Normal pictures dont even work. I wasn't given a choice to not upgrade. Now my phone is almost useless and I may have lost all my files how do I recover them? The storage space is still being used so I'm assuming they are all still in my internal memory can anyone help?

I really don't want to have to factory reset my phone or get a new one. This is all rather frustrating and I know of only one other user who is having this problem and both have received no answers.

7 REPLIES 7
Product Expert

Re: Malfunctioning Phone?

Hello,

Can you tell me what kind of device do you have?

You can bring your device to an authorized repair center (UbreakIfix, Best Buy) and ask for a hope update, if that doesn't work, they might perform a factory reset with their software. Please backup your data to the cloud and/or SD card.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have a standard Galaxy S9 I suppose. I'll see about bringing it to one of the places you mentioned. I'd really like to get my phone back to normal.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Have you tried wiping the device cache partition? This would clear any scrambled settings but not change the apps that are loaded on your phone. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Would it delete anything important or otherwise?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Never mind. Tried this option and was not successful.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey Magnus,

Sorry you're having this issue. A couple of other things that have been successful with software and content issues 

• If you are using an SD card
    • Remove the card, restart the phone without the SD card (sometimes you may have corrupted or conflicting software on the SD card)
    • Remove the card, backup 3rd party app content, remove 3rd party apps, restart the phone without the SD card
  • If you are not using an SD card
    • backup 3rd party app content, remove 3rd party apps, restart the phone without the SD card

Beyond this, I would also recommend a software flash from an authorized Samsung repair center. You can find open locations in your area by visiting www.samsung.com/support

Keep us posted, as this is very strange and we want to help.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am not using an SD Card of any sort so the first solution is a no go. As far as the second solution goes, what would be considered a 3rd Party Application? Forgive my lack of knowledge. I haven't had any problems with my phone until after the update.