cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

March 2020 Update

Hi, I just updated my phone this morning and now, instead of just opening an app, the app icon expands open, into the app's main screen (not sure if I'm describing this right)? I checked the update and it says: 

"Smoother animations - Enhanced animations with a playful touch."

If this is what it's doing, it's not playful; it's  annoying. Is there a way to change it? I just want each app to open, not zoom in and out of the app icon.

Also, when writing a text and trying to attach a photo, instead of just opening the camera, it now gives me the choice to take a photo or video. I don't want those options. Just want the camera to open like before and I'll figure out what I want to do after that.

Then when you open the photo it doesnt cut the screen to a smaller size anymore. I liked that option. I'd also like it back.

Finally while I'm here, I'd like to log my complaint that the shuffle feature on Samsung music is not the greatest. Not sure what algorithm Samsung is using to generate random songs, but it plays the same 50-100 random songs until you click on shuffle tracks again. I need it to dig deep, find some stuff I haven't listened to for awhile, mix it up.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: March 2020 Update

I too am having ALL KINDS OF ISSUES  after the March 2020 update.  My screen light will be very dark at times, the phone will lock up, I can't turn it on or off, it eventually will just reboot after several minutes. I try and open a link in my google app and it flickers and won't open, so many more issues I can't even type them all.  I am a die hard Android fan but if Samsung doesn't fix this issue and QUICK I will move to Apple.  It leaves my phone nearly useless at times and completely unreliable.  Since it's the ONLY phone I have in my house it is unacceptable to have something I can't rely on in an emergency.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

As for the Messages app options for video or photo camera, I believe you cannot set a default action. You can try another messaging app like Google's app to see if it works as the previous version did.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry for sounding  before, I was definitely in a mood lol. Everything I complained about was cosmetic and I'm getting used to the changes now. Thanks for replying.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I dont know what to say about this