cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useroCBn5CjXpv
Constellation

Media Player Auto Plays Whenever I Miss or Decline a Call

Since the Samsung S9 did not come with a built-in media player, I downloaded the Samsung media player to use as my standard media player (I use it as my MP3 player in my car). For the past month or so, every time I miss a call, decline a call, or basically touch my phone, my media player starts playing. This has gotten me into a LOT of trouble at work when my phone just starts blaring Marilyn Manson for no apparent reason Smiley Frustrated.

Is there any way to get it to stop doing this? It's very annoying and I find I'm constantly having to go into my volumn control settings to turn the media back down whenever the player gets set off. 

Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Media Player Auto Plays Whenever I Miss or Decline a Call

Have you checked that the application is fully up to date? Have you tried clearing the cache for that application?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useroCBn5CjXpv
Constellation

The app is up-to-date and I've tried clearning the cache and uninstall-reinstall to no avail. It got worse after the last update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does the random music happen when the device is placed into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does the random music happen when the device is placed into safe mode?

useroCBn5CjXpv
Constellation

I've never placed it in safe mode, so I'm not sure?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give safe mode a try to see if the issue persists.